Error in installation unattended CD

tetrapro

Here is my problem. I posted in Unattended section but I didn`t receive any answer. Maybe I will have luck in here. I created an unattended CD XP with nlite. I added the hotfixes, service pack 3, programs addons, registry tweaks files, welcome screen, boot screen changed, registry tweaks also in nlite. In registry tweaks I had a tweak for Modifying the Autocheck Time-out. After I finalized the CD I tested in Virtual Box. After copying the files and rebooting on Virtual Machine, the installation ended with this error:

Autochk program not found - skipping AUTOCHECK

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}

The Session Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with

status of 0xc000003a (0x00000000 0x00000000).

The system has been shut down.

and of course with BSOD. I removed that tweak but the error is still there. Maybe you can help me with that because I repeated the creation of CD XP and testing over and over again and the result is still this error. Thank you.

tetrapro, have not seen this one before, so, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

I have found similar topics with this problem but no solution to this. I have used Mkisofs engine to create ISO image but the error is still there. Well I created this CD in two sessions: in first session Nlite created the folders and in second session I copied my registry tweaks. I am adding last session maybe someone can find a solution. Everything started when I added this tweak:

; Modifying the Autocheck Time-out Value NTFS ONLY When Windows is not shutdown correctly it will perform an AutoCheck using CHKDSK on the next restart. This setting controls the time delay before running Autochk or whether it is run at all.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager]

"AutoChkTimeOut"=dword:00000002

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But then I removed it and the error persist.

LAST_SESSION__205504.04_09.54.19_.INI

Edited by tetrapro

tetrapro, your IE7 installer is last, but there are updates to IE7 before. This is a problem. Also you are using an AddOn for IE7 (.cab) which runs at T-13, so the IE7 updates are a real problem. NLite is capable, for a couple of releases now, of integrating the MS installer for IE7. I suggest you DL it from the MS DL Center and place it first in your Hot Fix list - remove the .cab. I would also suggest you check the order of your updates. If you still have a problem, then remove everything in the hot fix section and try again. I also wonder what you mean by

in first session Nlite created the folders
You should do everything in one session. Please read my whole previous post. I use nLite to burn a CD or DVD - works fine. Some people report problems with high speeds - slow it down. A virtual system is best for testing (VirtualPC, VirtualBox or VMware Server - all free.) Have fun, John.

tetrapro, your IE7 installer is last, but there are updates to IE7 before. This is a problem. Also you are using an AddOn for IE7 (.cab) which runs at T-13, so the IE7 updates are a real problem. NLite is capable, for a couple of releases now, of integrating the MS installer for IE7. I suggest you DL it from the MS DL Center and place it first in your Hot Fix list - remove the .cab. I would also suggest you check the order of your updates. If you still have a problem, then remove everything in the hot fix section and try again. I also wonder what you mean by
in first session Nlite created the folders
You should do everything in one session. Please read my whole previous post. I use nLite to burn a CD or DVD - works fine. Some people report problems with high speeds - slow it down. A virtual system is best for testing (VirtualPC, VirtualBox or VMware Server - all free.) Have fun, John.

Thank you for your answer. As you advised I removed IE7, instead I added IE8-Addon-ENU-v1.0.2.7z to hotfixes. I also removed next hotfixes: IE7-WindowsXP-KB938127-v2-x86-ENU.exe, IE7-WindowsXP-KB953838-x86-ENU.exe, windows-kb890830-v2.8.exe, WindowsMedia11-KB936782-x86-ENU.exe, WindowsXP-KB941569-x86-ENU.EXE, WindowsXP-KB950762-x86-ENU.exe, WindowsXP-KB950974-x86-ENU.exe, WindowsXP-KB951066-x86-ENU.exe, WindowsXP-KB951376-v2-x86-ENU.exe, WindowsXP-KB951698-x86-ENU.exe, WindowsXP-KB951748-x86-ENU.exe, WindowsXP-KB952954-x86-ENU.exe, WindowsXP-KB953839-x86-ENU.exe and i kept this hotfix: WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe. I installed software like: ApexDC++, CCCP, Codecs_all_in_1, CorelDraw, DAEMON_Tools_4.30.3, Flash_player, Flv_player, Google_earth, Irfan_view, IrfanView_all plugins, Nero_7_premium, Office2003, Powerquest_Partition_Magic_8, Winamp, WinRar_3.11, Winzip81, Yahoo!_Messenger 9.0.0.2034 via RunOnceEx.cmd.. Every software is in his own folder and all folders are in Software folder which is in root. I have also bootlogo.cmd and tweaks.cmd. In OEM folder--- $$---system 32 I have logonui.exe, msgina.dll, oemkrnl.exe all modified. My tweaks are: context_menus.reg, general_customation.reg, general_settings.reg, startup-shutdown.reg, wallpaper.reg, welcome.reg.

After files being copied and windows starting I am getting the BSOD screen with this error again:

Autochk program not found - skipping AUTOCHECK

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}

The Session Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with

status of 0xc000003a (0x00000000 0x00000000).

The system has been shut down.

I attach my last session.ini and my RunOnceEx.cmd. Thanks again

LAST_SESSION.INI

RunOnceEx.cmd

Edited by tetrapro

I wonder if your "runonceex.cmd would run, cause it`s searching for the wrong file.

DO IF EXIST %%i:\win51ip.SP2 SET CDROM=%%i:

It`s got to be SP3 due to you integrate SP3.

It`s a little bug of "RunOnceEx-Creator", which is a bit outdated.

Edited by g-force

tetrapro, I cannot see how you are running the RunOnceEX .cmd file. I also cannot see how you are implementing the Autocheck Time-out tweak. My suggestion is to start much more simply and see if you can get a running system. If it were me, I would remove all the AddOns and RunOnce stuff, and the Autocheck Time-out tweak and see if you get a running system. If so, then put some back in until it fails. Sorry I cannot be more specific. Enjoy, John.

My RunOnceEx.cmd runs from cmdlines.txt that is located in $OEM$ folder. I attached my cmdlines.txt and my startup-shutdown tweak where is Autochk tweak. I also attach printscreen so you can have an idea how my folders are arranged. First picture is my root folder, the next one is my $OEM$ folder, third picture my tweaks folder and last one my Tweaks folder. I will try as you said to start from beginning step by step and see what I can get.

cmdlines.txt

post-236546-1239186365_thumb.jpg

post-236546-1239186576_thumb.jpg

post-236546-1239186584_thumb.jpg

post-236546-1239186591_thumb.jpg

Edited by tetrapro

As I mentioned above, change

DO IF EXIST %%i:\win51ip.SP2 SET CDROM=%%i:

to

DO IF EXIST %%i:\win51ip.SP3 SET CDROM=%%i:

I see it in your screener that I`m right.

Edited by g-force

tetrapro, I will do some more looking after lunch, but I still think you need to run the test I suggested. I think if you just rename your cmdlines.txt, you can see if you can get a successful install. I assume the cmdlines.txt you posted is before you ran nLite. NLite uses cmdlines to run nLite.inf, so if you are replacing cmdlines after nLite runs, then you are killing nLite.inf. Please try my test and let us know the results. Have fun, John.

Thank you for your answer. I discovered the problem. It seems that my method to slipstream the drivers was incorrect. I used a program called My drivers that collected all my drivers from PC and saved into a folder. Then I added my drivers from that folder directly on nlite in drivers section. Now I use driver pack method and I slipstream with the help of driverpack base GUI to slipstream only 3rd party drivers. But there is one problem. I created a folder called $OEM$ where I put my .cmd files like bootlogo.cmd, RunOnceEx.cmd, tweaks.cmd and cmdlines.txt, but driver pack base GUI creates an additional folder called just OEM. It`s ok to have 2 folders OEM and $OEM$, I mean it can be a problem to windows installation later? And second question why did you say to rename cmdlines.txt?

tetrapro, I asked you to rename your cmdlines because nLite uses one to run nLite.inf, posted below.

[COMMANDS]
"rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection nLite.inf,U"
"rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection RunWPI.inf,,1,N"

I thought you might be copying your cmdlines over the top of nLite's after nLite runs. If so, you would kill nLite.inf. I put the line concerning WPI in the posted cmdlines and nLite added its part.

I am not familiar with the OEM folder but I can see no reason this should be a problem. Basically, I think you can add almost any named folder to your ISO. They will just sit there unless you add code to use the data. You do need to be careful with $OEM$ and its contents, because Setup uses these - I use them to get files into the System32 and other folders. Enjoy, John.

There is no relation between "OEM" and "$OEM$" - but both folders are important.

Don`t change anything inside until you exactly know what you`re doing.

Follow "johnhc`s" instructions about the "cmdlines.txt".

Edited by g-force

I renamed the cmdlines.txt to comenzi.txt. I integrated the drivers using this method: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...t=0&start=0

Now my software isn`t installing at all. Drivers the same. My personalized tweaks in Tweaks folder the same, they are not installing. In $OEM$ folder there is a file called Drivers.cmd. Maybe I have to add it to cmdlines.txt to have it installed. I am stuck here. It seems that after I renamed cmdlines the installer doesn`t look for it at all. I also added in root folder a file called CD.txt as indicated in unnatended guide to help installer look for cd letter.

tetrapro, I guess I do not understand why you are using nLite at all. What could be easier to install drivers than to point nLite to them. I think the main emphasis here is to help people with nLite problems. If you choose to use the 'Simple method...', then I suggest you post in that forum. This is not the Unattended forum, but the nLite forum. Enjoy, John.