DHCP Not Working

Hi guys/Girls,

I'll introduce my self later now i have problem in my server,

i am using Small business Server , With Exchanges, ISA Server "2003" , there is DHCP was install but automatically DHCP has been removed and now the problems come ,,, when i install it again its showing that its Running in the Console. but even one client is not able to get IP from DHCP Server, when i give Static IP to the Client its working and connect properly with the Server but when i want to Use DHCP client not getting IP address. :( Need Help Please

Hi and welcome to the forums

when you go into add/remove programs, does it list DHCP as installed? if so what happens when you try to remove it? is there another machince there that has a server OS that could be a DHCP server in the iterm?

My Dear i install DHCP Server which is not listed add/remove programs, its when ever you try to install you have to install from Add/Remove Components, ... & as you ask about any other DHCP Server. so there is no other server in the network. only one Server which is Running Small Business Server with ISA & Exchange.

The DHCP Server Is authorize and active? (Yes)

i have Cisco Router But for WAN not for LAN

The DHCP Server is Running for LAN, and its already selected that DHCP will run only and only on LAN Adapter.

i have Anti Virus Microsoft Forefront.

On Server in Console its Show the DHCP is running, In ISA Server its show the DHCP Is Running/ Active.

But Client is not able to get IP from DHCP,

And when i give Static IP its connect with server and working properly. so please share your knowledge with us thanks.

I'd suggest starting a network trace via wireshark or netmon from a client, then run "ipconfig /renew" and see what happens on the wire. Is the DHCP server responding to the client's DISCOVER or REQUEST packets? If so, is it responding with an ACK (the OFFER or ACKNOWLEDGE response) or a NACK (not allowed)? If it's running, you need to see if it's actually *receiving* requests and denying them, or not responding at all to DISCOVER or REQUEST packets.

if you don't mind Dear cluberti can you please tell me how to check it that its received packets or not. can you please. i don't think so .. i think Received but Denying .. but i don't know how to check .. can you please tell me how to debug ..please

Download/install wireshark, open up the app, start the capture, open a cmd prompt, run ipconfig /renew, and then stop and save the capture to a .cap file in wireshark. Post it somewhere it can be downloaded, and we can help.