Microsoft Plus! for XP question

ESCOMMODORE64

I owned both XP and Plus! legally, but I do wish to extract one screensaver to other computer, but how can i find the license agreement on file or registry, because we don't really want to do the pain in the butt installation from the Plus! cd.

How can I do this?

InstallSpy generated 192MB of log from Plus! cd installation, alone. Any suggestion?

main problem with that is once installed, it bypassed the EULA agreement, which its legal.

I'm ASKING how to copy the screensaver into the other pc, which plus! is not installed, and it kept bringing up the EULA required to agree with the whole cd.

I know its discontinued, but i would like to know the workaround with the EULA agreement.

Edited = Also, I would like to repeat what I have said in first post, InstallSpy generated total of 192MB of installation log, so i would appreciate for the other install monitoring, including the registries, so i can get better solutions on workaround on EULA. Thanks.

Edited by ESCOMMODORE64

what he's trying to say is, screensavers have the file extension *.scr. copy the file of that screensaver and transfer to the computer that you want to put it on. although you are breaking the eula, it's kind of like fonts - you can't transfer them to any computer you want.

Exactly,

When I move some screensaver to other computer, it just bringing the warning that I need to accept the EULA.

I need to know HOW or WHERE to get the files or registries to make it accept the EULA.

P.S. any suggestion on install monitoring than InstallSpy?

Install Plus & copy the SCR to a test PC, run InstallSpy, run the the SCR and accept the EULA. Then check the InstallSpy logs....seems simple enough to me.

If you use VmWare and snapshots for your testing- its a hell of a lot easier.

@gforce

Yes, you are correct,

I was asked to force accept the EULA before running on any of these Sscreensavers. ( Which it have to run the setup first )

I tried to place the EULA files to program files, but its not working.

@wwtippyww

Tried that. No differences.

Edited by ESCOMMODORE64

I hated to be the party pooper but what you are trying todo is illegal.

The EULA is there for a reason and it HAS to be accepted for the .scr to work.

Because XP Plus! is\was a paid for product you are supposed to install it only on one pc and have it running only on one pc per copy of Plus!

Yes you can transfer it to the other pc BUT you have to remove it from the initial PC beforehand.