Tweaking compressed SVCPACK.IN_

I don't mean to get into the habit of solving my own threads...but I figured it out and perhaps someone will gain something from my experience...

Use MS built in makecab.exe using syntax

makecab /D COMPRESSIONTYPE=LZX /D COMPRESSIONMEMORY=21 C:\mysource\myfile.inf C:\mydestination\MYFILE.IN_

I've unpacked the archive with 7zip and simply removed the ie7 entry...but how do I compress the file back to a *.IN_ file? I've heard of something called MS "Diamond" archiver that is supposed to accomplish this. Has anyone heard of this archiving utility or a way to save the file as a *.IN_? The file appears to be using LZX compression...if that helps.

I would prefer not to run through nLite all over again...

Edited by mrquincy

I can see how having makecab in the context menu would be convenient...but since this file was originally compressed using an LZX:21 alogrithm wouldn't we still have to use the command line variables? Will windows have issues extracting using mszip algorithm rather than LZX:21?

Edited by mrquincy

It is "makecab" in Windows that is used by these 2 contextmenu-entries - no extra-tool or extra-stuff.

So everything should work fine - I`m using this for years to compress/decompress inf-files.