More than one Operating system (Windows7/Vista) on one DVD

atolica

Yes, but I copied a 32 bit version and it doesn't work properly. The 64 bit version didn't start. But I tried the instructions from the topic on Windows Vista and 7, but there are 64 bit. Does it disturb? What else can I do?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, but I copied a 32 bit version and it doesn't work properly. The 64 bit version didn't start. But I tried the instructions from the topic on Windows Vista and 7, but there are 64 bit. Does it disturb? What else can I do?

Get access to a 32 bit Windows 7 or install Windows 7 in vmware or virtualbox and do the needed operations in there. Copy bootmgr to the host os and you're done.

atolica

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

great job, but thanks if you can find a solution to have a boot menu with two different operating systems namely Windows Vista and 7 in the single dvd? I tried to create two different boot.wim, I appeared well installation menu and I started well but the problem is the view that asking the driver ...

to have a boot menu with two different operating systems namely Windows Vista and 7 in the single dvd?

That's what my guide is for. To have two or more operating systems in one dvd.

What driver? Can you be more specific?

to have a boot menu with two different operating systems namely Windows Vista and 7 in the single dvd?

That's what my guide is for. To have two or more operating systems in one dvd.

What driver? Can you be more specific?

sorry for the delay. The problem of drivers who said he does not find drivers for cd / dvd

There are some configurations, mainly sata/ide controllers that aren't properly detected.

If you get the cd/dvd error, unplug all the other harddrives and optical and leave just the harddisk you're installing to and the dvd drive you're installing from. Ususally that does it. If you're still getting that error, install windows 7 from an usb flash drive.

A good tool to create a bootable windows 7/xp/vista usb is Novicorp WinToFlash

Edited by atolica

Seems like a nice script:)Can someone perhaps clarify exactly what to do? and perhaps what bootable wimfiles, the boot.wim?What is the folder layout? Vista AIO (for example) in one folder and 7 AIO in another folder on a root/workfolder?

Or just Workfolder\DVD\boot\7boot.wim & vboot.wim and the rest?

Edited by grabben

Read thoroughly the first post, my post. Everything is explained there. Just rename the wim files.

copy the boot.wim file in sources folder of active boot disk/ ghost pe/ erdcommander 6.0 to the sources folder in disk1 in the project. and rename it to desired. I renamed it to boot32.wim you may use any...

boot32, erdcom.wim, etc

The wim files are to be copied in the sources folder. You Don't touch boot.wim! Only the "bcd store" is altered together with the wim files in the 'SOURCES' folder from the dvd root.

Read the 1st post!

Edited by atolica

Read thoroughly the first post, my post. Everything is explained there. Just rename the wim files.

copy the boot.wim file in sources folder of active boot disk/ ghost pe/ erdcommander 6.0 to the sources folder in disk1 in the project. and rename it to desired. I renamed it to boot32.wim you may use any...

boot32, erdcom.wim, etc

The wim files are to be copied in the sources folder. You Don't touch boot.wim! Only the "bcd store" is altered together with the wim files in the 'SOURCES' folder from the dvd root.

Read the 1st post!

Thanks for reply. I might give this a try later:).

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I want to do a multiboot CD with 2 different programs.

1)ResetWindowsPasswordStdEdt

2)O&O_DiskImageProf

the 2 progs have in root directory a file named "BOOTMGR"

If I copy these 2 progs 1) and 2) onto my CD, one of these

files will be overwritten and no more accessible by one of

these programs.

I suppose that these 2 BOOTMGR-files are necessary!!

What to do now ????????????????

Thank you for your kind help

You are supposing "wrong".

BOOTMGR is a BOOT ManaGeR, the one that comes with Vista :ph34r:, Server 2008 and Windows 7.

Various versions of BOOTMGR are backwards compatible.

The BOOTMGR file is run from the bootsector of the CD/DVD and reads it's settings from the BCD store a file that is usually in \boot\BCD.

You normally have only one BOOTMGR and only one BCD, this latter with multiple choices.

READ the initial post of this thread, essentially it tells how to edit the contents of the boot\BCD to have in it the multiple choices.

jaclaz

You are supposing "wrong".

BOOTMGR is a BOOT ManaGeR, the one that comes with Vista :ph34r:, Server 2008 and Windows 7.

Various versions of BOOTMGR are backwards compatible.

The BOOTMGR file is run from the bootsector of the CD/DVD and reads it's settings from the BCD store a file that is usually in \boot\BCD.

You normally have only one BOOTMGR and only one BCD, this latter with multiple choices.

READ the initial post of this thread, essentially it tells how to edit the contents of the boot\BCD to have in it the multiple choices.

jaclaz

O.K.

If I didn't misunderstand, I'll use one "BOOTMGR", the one with the latest creation date.

Thank you, hope it works

O.K.

If I didn't misunderstand, I'll use one "BOOTMGR", the one with the latest creation date.

Thank you, hope it works

Yep. :)

Additionally, recent reports imply that BOOTMGR versions *all* work, or at least we have here an example where the Vista :ph34r: SP0 version is used to initiate the install of many later versions:

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8043

https://sites.google.com/site/rmprepusb/tutorials/how-to-create-a-usb-drive-that-will-install-vista-win7-and-server-2008

OT, but not much ;) a nice BCD editor can be found here:

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10003&hl=

jaclaz