Infrared Transfer Requires Irmon At Startup?

Mr. Noatak

Here is the setup to my question- if I boot with IRMON as a startup item, Infrared works perfectly. But if I boot without IRMON as a startup program (unclicked in MSCONFIG), Infrared Transfer is automatically disabled upon full boot, this is proven by right-clicking the IR icon in My Computer which prompts me to enable. But instead of enabling, if I then immediately right-click a file and and send to Infrared Recipient, nothing happens at all. No dialogue, CPU activity, zippo. Does IRMON have to be a startup program for Infrared Transfer to behave normally? I did not think the two were interrelated. Maybe IRMON sets up the protocol for networking?

By the way I have a fresh install and perfectly working built in infrared on 98SE platform. Give me your thoughts on this question. ;)

Mr. Noatak

Edited by geek
made topic title conform to rule 11

I am having "stupid" problem with infrared.

My old computer created aroud SiS chipset is having infrared connection, but new (Core2Duo) created around Intel865 NO.

It is not important if I speak about Windows 98 SE, or Windows XP and I really can't understand problem ?

Can somebody please give me advice ?

I am using USB connection for infrared