Computer Name during minisetup, from RunOnceEx

Just curious, and I have asked this before in other forums, but does anyone here know of a way to get a executable to run specifically before (or even at the same time) as the prompt for the workstation name in mini setup?

I've added the exe to the cmdlines.txt file and if I sysprep using the -pnp switch, because of the time it takes to get to the workstation name prompt, my exe has run.

Without the -pnp switch, which is my normal routine, the exe runs just AFTER the workstation name prompt.

The exe is CapsLock.exe. I want to ensure my admins are typing in workstation names in caps, if the caps lock is on for them, there's no worries.

That's just the way it is in this environment, so if anyone has some advice when/how I can run that exe, please let me know.

Thanks a bunch! I've been trying for a very long time :-)

• 1 month later...

Perhaps a different method that achieves the same result will work. Here's what I do, I use ComputerName=* to set a random name, and then at T-12 I run this small program (40KB) that prompts for a new name, converts the name to caps automatically, and then changes the random name to the typed name. You can find more information about its other features here. http://www.engl.co.uk/products/zcnclite/index.html

Edited by Rich_Weiss