quick lauch keyboard buttons have stopped working?

steveblue

I have a MSI laptop model GX-700-071UK running Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

Lately I have developed a problem with 2 of the laptops keyboard quick launch buttons on my laptop. There is 4 off them, one turns the wifi on/off , one turns the webcam on/off , one runs IE when pressed and one runs Media Player when pressed. . If I push the webcam or P1 buttons nothing happens, but both the internet explorer and wi-fi buttons work ok. The Bisoncam loads up in my system tray ok on system start up but has a red cross through it to say that the webcam isn't turned on. I can run the Bisoncam program from the desktop icon but this just brings up the program interface with a blank gray view screen where the image should be.

Is there a way to reprogram the quick launch buttons to get them working?

I'm I right in saying that this could be a problem with a reg entry for these buttons getting corrupted????

I really dont want to have to spend a day or 2 reinstalling Vista and all my other software just so I can get the webcam on/off button to work

Edited by steveblue

so this was working before? did you notice when it stopped working? (after patches being applied, new software being installed?) any chance of new software or drivers on MSI's site for the camera or the buttons? anymore information you can give can help us help you :)