Tihiy's tools

Tihiy

Well, I looked at the CPU usage in Windows System Monitor, and that says 100% too!

So it's only Process Explorer which is saying that it's only 4-5%.

Cool Beans System Info and Sysmon both say 100%.

Maybe PE uses different criteria to measure it?

Incidentally, WinTop also says that "Idle" is using nearly all of the CPU, as does Process Explorer.

I think that System Monitor actually mesures free CPU, then substract the value from 100% and displays it. This CPU usage value includes ring 0 programs (kernel, drivers), while WinTop and other tools measure CPU usage of programs, ring 0 not included.

• 1 month later...

how to run. I do click in file regsvr32 and put me a message .. No DLL specified .. but i dont know specified the dll *gdipthms.dll*

howi do to run this file ????

-- Install: copy dlls&exe into \windows\system. Run regsvr32 gdipthms.dll.

Remove: Run regsvr32 /u gdipthms.dll. Run regsvr32 /i browseui.dll. Delete gdipthms.dll&gdipsrv.exe from \windows\system.--

how to run. I do click in file regsvr32 and put me a message .. No DLL specified .. but i dont know specified the dll *gdipthms.dll*

howi do to run this file ????

If you have put the gdiplus.dll file into your windows\system folder, all you should need to do it type "regsvr32 gdipthms.dll" (without the quote marks) into the "run" box and hit "OK".

It that what you're doing?

:)

no works, no happend nothing. i do that run regsvr32 gdipthms.dll and open the message said the dll succeeded... but no see change in my pics ... like thumnails.

Too put the code regedi4 and nothing

sorry for my bad english

Have you changed folder properties to enable thumbnail?

Edited by De@n

about that thumbnail thingy

Is it better than Windows Me's thumbnailer?

because Windows Me's thumbnailer is pretty bad ><

I agree, Windows Me thumbnailer is not good...

More than a couple of screens of thumbnails and it would tend to crash Explorer.

In comparison, Tihiy's GDI thumbnails ROCK!

Sorry if this is a noobie question, but is it possible to replace the default shutdown dialogue in Win98 with Tihiy's alternative? I'm currently running it as an independent app in the main menu.

Tihiy accomplished this in RP7 however I don't know how. There was a lot of cool features he 'built' into windows other than icons.

RP9 surpasses RP7 with the exeption of some of these intergrations. (Installing 98tome does not intergrate all that was in RP7...)

Trev

Edited by trevor89

You can get some of the other features by unpacking the RP7 installer and manually installing certain sections. However, many of them are interlinked and will likely cause issues with RP9 directly. I'll start splitting it apart and see what can be done with some of the extra's still remaining as you've got me wondering as well.

So far, from what I recall, a different version of user32.dll (the rp7 one) is required to use the shutdown.exe in tandem with the shutdown option in the menu which I believe was not compatible at all with RP9. However, the HI-Res startup logo should work without hitches.

Edited by Chozo4

Nope nope nope. Don't try it at home, kids!

It's not so hard to replace shutdown (with ME shell), just one small DLL is required.

I'll make it for RP10. But you must help me with beta testing if you want me to succeed.