Tihiy's tools

Tihiy

Any update on the apparent CPU usage problem with the thumbnail viewer Tihiy?
You haven't provided any proof there is a problem. I can't trust sysmon which is often starts giving high CPU usage. If you say problem is apparent, then prove me how do you notice high CPU load - is there sluggishness or problems with multi-tasking or sound playing or what?

Also:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/227131

Edited by Tihiy

I've never noticed the issues decribed in Q227131 with the Win ME SYSMON
This has nothing to do with sysmon version, really. It's a bug in performance measurement in 9x. Every application which uses registry CPU usage data can suffer from this.

You haven't provided any proof there is a problem. I can't trust sysmon which is often starts giving high CPU usage. If you say problem is apparent, then prove me how do you notice high CPU load - is there sluggishness or problems with multi-tasking or sound playing or what?

Also:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/227131

Hi Tihiy,

No, there is no proof that there is an actual problem.

As I said before, the responsiveness of the system seems to be unaffected, which is why I think it likely that the 100% CPU usage indication is an error in the monitoring programs.

However, it never happened until I installed the thumbnail viewer, and it returns to normal if the viewer is disabled, which is why I thought it worth bringing it to your attention for investigation.

Thanks for the pointer to the MS KB article.

Cheers, Dave.

:)

Edited by Dave-H

Hello tihiy,i would like to use your network activity indicator.but i dont want two Network indicators on the taskbar.so what i need to know is how do i get rid of the default dailup network indicator? i am running windows 98SE. my desktop screenshot...

post-244016-1242643561_thumb.jpg

Edited by winforever

As far as Im aware there is no default 'Network' icon, only a Dail-Up/modem icon

However If you have 2 network cards it may be annoying to have 2 icons at the bottom, so yeah, can you add the option to hide the icon from systray but have it in..., how about Network Settings.

Another feature I think would be good for it wpuld be to either dissapear or give indication when a network is unplugged/unavailable. Sometimes my network is offline or I unplugg the cable yet the icon stays. Then when its replugged can it have the same balloon tip as your VPN (and modem possibly) icon in RP7 - of which would be another thing to add to RP9... I like it...

Trev

Hi! I've Hi! I've just installed GDI+ thumbnails and I realized that when I change the view to "Thumbnails" I can't see the windows like "an web page". Is there a solution to this? I have the Spanish version of 98SE.

I attach the images of what I mean.

post-239445-1242967809_thumb.jpg

post-239445-1242967821_thumb.jpg

Thank you!!

Hi! I've Hi! I've just installed GDI+ thumbnails and I realized that when I change the view to "Thumbnails" I can't see the windows like "an web page". Is there a solution to this? I have the Spanish version of 98SE.

It should be like that.

As far as Im aware there is no default 'Network' icon, only a Dail-Up/modem icon

Windows 98, 95, NT etc don't treat ethernet-type connections as 'connections', like Windows 2000 and upwards do. There is a 'network' icon I believe in the control panel which is where you configure the ethernet 'connection'. It's a complete pain in the proverbial to setup and when you're used to the simplicity of how Windows 2000 and up deals with 'connections' it can create quite a headache.