WPI.hta is not a valid Win32 application?

I need some help with that one please. Since yesterday I get this message when WPI is about to start installing my applications (after final reboot): D:\WPI\WPI.hta is not a valid Win32 application.

Now, the thing is weird because it was working perfectly the days before. The only thing I changed in my ISO (created mostly win nLite) is that I didn't remove anything and didn't do any tweaks. Only things I did were to add some drivers and make it unattended.... WPI works just fine when I populate it on my PC but when installing in Virtual PC it's a no go...

Any suggestions? Thanks!

From time to time this question is raised here and in Russian forum OSZONE i think in other forums also.

Sometimes by mistake mshta.exe is not associated with .hta files, sometimes (by mistake, by antivirus?,...) mshata.exe is removed from folder system32.

It is possible include simply mshta.exe into WPI. Then it needs some WPI launcher.

Exactly 3 years ago it was posted (I cannot find where) WPI-kTool with the launcher - wpi.exe. I suspect it is compiled from wpi.cmd, cmdow.exe, wpi.reg (?). WPI.exe works even with last WPI versions. But the launcher does not work when mshta.exe is removed from folder System32.

Could somebody compile the exe launcher for that case when mshta.exe is placed, say, in tools folder or close to wpi.hta?