Multi Boot Disk with "Mulitple Editions of Single OS"

SwapsRulez

Hello there, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I've already done multiboot disk using tools like Magic ISO, EasyBoot. I want to create a DVD now with multiple operating systems on it.

Let me tell you my scenario. I owns all these disks. All I want is following things on my multiboot DVD.

1. Windows 98 Second Edition

2. Windows 2000 3 in 1 (With Professional, Server and Advanced Server)

3. Windows 2003 10 in 1 (With all Enterprise, Datacenter, Small Business, Standard, Web Editions both Retail and Corporate)

4. Windows XP Professional 32 Bit Service Pack 3

5. Windows XP Professional x64 Service Pack 2

6. Windows Media Center Service Pack 3

7. My personally created recovery tools CD collection

8. My licenced copy of Winternals ERD Commander 2007

I can create a bootable DVD with all these OSes except Windows 2000 3 in 1 and Windows 2003 10 in 1. When I calculate the size of the ISO's of all of the disks, its 3.88 GB, but when I extract them it goes much higher. Basically the problem is with Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 folders. Windows 2000 folder is more than a GB and Windows 2003 folder is more than 5 GB, though the original size of those ISO's is 615 MB and 697 MB respectively. Please someone guide me how should I do the things and what's actually the problem is. Which tools do I need to make those things to be fit in single DVD. I can create boot menu with EasyBoot, can link them to Boot Sectors of each ISO. But don't know other things. I've made the disk with Windows XP and Windows 98. So no idea about the adding Multiple Editions of a single OS to a disk.

I have all Separate Disks of 2003 and 2000, but my friend from another town created that disks for me from my installation disks. I don't have any contact with him now and that's why Don't know how to combine all those editions of single OS in a single CD. Please tell me how to combine them.

Thanks for reading. Hope I'll get the solutions.

And one more thing, this board rocks!!! :thumbup

You have to optimize CD/DVD to create smaller image files.

With Optimize selection only one file will be archived from multiple OS'es...

In UltraIso u can activate "Optimize" selection from image properteries.

You have to optimize CD/DVD to create smaller image files.

With Optimize selection only one file will be archived from multiple OS'es...

In UltraIso u can activate "Optimize" selection from image properteries.

Thanks mate for the reply. Now I need to know how to make all editions to work from single disk. I got the concept of optimization of CD where one file will be used for all duplications. But now, how I can link to all those OS's from a single boot file ?

Edited by SwapsRulez

I load 8 different server flavors and three diff client flavors with BartPE and NU2menu.

Nu2menu buttons trigger batch files that run diskpart and and the corresponding winnt32.exe with arguments.

Still seems as though size will be your limitation, dual layer should give you more than enough room, even if you needed/wanted seperate i386s for all of them.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showforum=126

This is the utility u are looking for.

Thanks mate, actually I tried single Edition of Windows XP but with changed SETUPLDR.BIN hex values. Also collecting boot files for all those OS is simply impossible. I installed windows 98 in VMWARE(lol because I'm running Windows 7) and collected files for XP. Its hard task to collect files of over 20 OSes. If that tool does all those things, all I can say is Genius!!! Thanks a lot for the info.

I load 8 different server flavors and three diff client flavors with BartPE and NU2menu.

Nu2menu buttons trigger batch files that run diskpart and and the corresponding winnt32.exe with arguments.

Still seems as though size will be your limitation, dual layer should give you more than enough room, even if you needed/wanted seperate i386s for all of them.

What I'm trying to do giving user menu to install directly from first screen instead of loading bart PE CD or going to third party interface. Also all those OSes can fit in single DVD, actually less than 3.5 GB. Thanks to optimization feature of CDIMAGE. :)

Edited by SwapsRulez

Windows XP's boot sectors are same, just like Win2k3 all versions...

So in fact u just need only 3-5 sector.

For Windows 95/98/ME boot disk...

For Windows 2K all versions... setupldr.bin (in i386)

For Windows XP all versions... setupldr.bin (in 386)

For Windows 2k3 all versions... setupldr.bin (in i386)

For Vindows Vista ...... i realy hate this... i even dont want to talk about it :P

PowerPacker will take all setupldr.bin files automaticaly....

U have to add 9X versions manually.

Windows XP's boot sectors are same, just like Win2k3 all versions...

So in fact u just need only 3-5 sector.

Or none :w00t: and use grub4dos grldr as no-emulation bootsector and directly chainload ANY DOS/Win9x/Me (IO.SYS) or NT/K/Xp/2003 (SETUPLDR.BIN) or Vista/2008/Windows7 (BOOTMGR) system files/loaders ;).

jaclaz

Now I'm thinking to add more versions of XP as it will be waste of remaining space on DVD. So why not get some more editions of XP ? Optimized files will take care of space. Now I will have 20 Editions of 2000, XP and 2003 combining.

What I'm looking forward to get a nice vistaish GUI at the boot screen. With option to choose from some 26 menus (Including boot from Hard Disk and Reboot). I tried Aero Studio, but its way too complicated and don't have any documentation. So I will be using Easy Boot. I already used that once and its kinda kool to have all things done.

That's about boot loader. I will have to make separate boot sectors of all OSes because of the folder structure I'm going to make.

\XPR3 --> Boot files necessary of that OS with changed SETUPLDR.BIN and TXTSETUP.SIF. These files points to actual setup files.

\XPC3

\XPC6

\23WC

\23WR

\23EC

\2KPR

\2KSR

\SETUP\XPR3 --> Actual Setup files.

\SETUP\XPC3

\SETUP\XPC6

\SETUP\23WC

\SETUP\23WR

\SETUP\23EC

\SETUP\2KPR

\SETUP\2KSR

\BOOT --------> Boot Sectors of All 20 OSes

I figured out somehow that I will manage things with this structure. But if you know some way to optimize the structure, you are more than welcome. What I'm looking for a tool that will give me all boot files from my setup. I really don't want to waste my times installing Windows 98 on VMWare, running all those 20 setups, collect the boot files.

Help me if anyone knows tool to get boot files from setup.

Thanks in advance. :)

I figured out somehow that I will manage things with this structure.

Unfortunately it WON'T work. :(

You have 4 (four) characters available, like \I386, you cannot have \SETUP\XPR3, only \XPR3.

As said, you can have a hex edited SETUPLDR.BIN and TXTSETUP.SIF in each of the four-letter folder, and chainload it through grub4dos (or Aerostudio that can use grub4dos) or BCDW, or whatever, cannot say about Easyboot.

jaclaz

I figured out somehow that I will manage things with this structure.

Unfortunately it WON'T work. :(

You have 4 (four) characters available, like \I386, you cannot have \SETUP\XPR3, only \XPR3.

As said, you can have a hex edited SETUPLDR.BIN and TXTSETUP.SIF in each of the four-letter folder, and chainload it through grub4dos (or Aerostudio that can use grub4dos) or BCDW, or whatever, cannot say about Easyboot.

jaclaz

In fact... /XPR3 folder been used for recovery and installation console.

All other files must be in folder, where TXTSETUP.SIF defined. \i386 or \Abrakadabra\badabooomm\WindowsXP123

:P

Maybe that was an extrem example, but still it work like that.

Soo basicly yo can create too many installation in one media, if your media can contain all of these OS'es.

Edited by eryen

In fact... /XPR3 folder been used for recovery and installation console.

All other files must be in folder, where TXTSETUP.SIF defined. \i386 or \Abrakadabra\badabooomm\WindowsXP123

Maybe I see. :)

In the four-letter named folder you put, like in the flyakite guide :

http://flyakite.msfn.org/xpprosp1.htm

contents of the created $WIN_NT$.~BT

and then TXTSETUP.SIF is edited to point to another directory structure.

I was thinking the topic was about a different method, sorry for the confusion. :(

Just in case, this may be useful (automated creation of folders):

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=58446

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz