[RunOnceEx] Macrium Reflect Free Edition 4.2 build 2525

Geej

[RunOnceEx] Macrium Reflect Free Edition 4.2 build 2525 (This package is for 32 bit system only)

Homepage

The fastest disk imaging software.The only free XP and Vista compatible disk imaging software with BartPE and Linux based recovery options.

- Create a disk image whilst running Windows using Microsoft Volume Shadow copy Service (VSS)

- Image to Network, USB, FireWire drives and DVD

- Built in scheduler.

- 32 bit and native 64 bit versions.

- Industry leading compression levels and speed.

- Linux based Rescue CD with Network access and full GUI. Only 6.5MB in size!

- Built in CD/DVD packet writing engine. Supports packet writing to DVD DL media with Windows Vista.

- HTML log files

dloadnowwi6.png

ROE_MacriumReflect422525FREE_addon.cab

Size: 14.45 Mb (15,515,200 bytes)

MD5: 1F245756879E69AC0D17E06939D8BFDB

1) Create a backup image by right-click on the drive, such as C:

MacriumReflect01.png

2) Restore image using supplied recovery iso or using BartPE plugin. Shown here using BartPE method

MacriumReflecBartPE02.png

Edited by Geej

• 8 months later...

There have been many updates to this tool. Any change for an update?

Release History:

What's new? v4.2.2097:

* Windows 7 - Mount images over a network share

Update to correct the 'File not found' message when mounting a disk image or file backup over a password protected network share.

* Server 2003/2008 and all x64 versions of Windows - Simultaneous Shadow Copies of multiple volumes

When multiple partitions are selected for imaging, VSS now creates simultaneous shadow copies of all selected volumes. This enables all VSS writers to participate in the shadow copy if more than one volume is required for the writer and the volumes are included in the shadow copy.

* BitLocker - Macrium Reflect can now image BitLockered volumes on Windows 7 and Vista

Images will contain encrypted data if the Volume is locked and unencrypted data if the volume is unlocked.

* Reflect now uses its own registry key for Shadow Copy file initiation

Previously the default Microsoft registry entry was used. This caused 'DVR-MS' files to be excluded from shadow copies for some Windows Media Center editions of Windows. DVR-MS files are Media Center recording files.

Bug fixes:

* Program crash if a FAT32 partition had a file cluster mapped beyond the end of the file system

This has been resolved.

* Problem mounting an image after more than 127 incrementals or differentials

This has been resolved.

* Double encryption for file and folder backups

A file and folder backup with no compression and AES encryption would be encrypted twice. This has been resolved. Existing backups with this error can now be read and and restored.

What's new? v4.2.2082:

* BartPE plug-in update

The BartPE plug-in can now create as well as restore as disk images. The BartPE plug-in is only available for XP 32 bit installations.

* Windows PE update - Registered users only

The Windows PE rescue CD can now create as well as restore as disk images.

Note: Please click the 'Updates' button in the 'Rescue CD Wizard' to complete this update.

* Linux CD update

The Linux rescue CD has been updated to kernel 2.6.31.1.

There was a problem mounting FAT32 drives using the previous Linux release. This has now been resolved.

Bug fixes:

* File and folder restore modified time

Restored files could be given the wrong last modified time. This problem was caused by incorrect time zone information.

What's new? v4.2.2076:

* Linux rescue CD update - 2.0.197

The Linux rescue CD has been updated with the latest Linux kernel (2.6.30.4). This adds support for a greater range of disk controllers and network interface cards.

* Update for Windows 7 boot menu

Full edition only: The Windows PE 2.0 boot menu has been updated to work with Windows 7.

* XML password encryption

Full edition only: Passwords saved in the XML backup definition file can now be encrypted. This is a user defined option that is turned on by default.

* Scheduled tasks can now be created for domain admins

Entering 'domain\username' for the default scheduled task user, enables scheduled tasks to run using a domain account.

* Scheduled tasks can now be created for the local 'SYSTEM' account

Entering 'SYSTEM', with no password, for the default scheduled task user enables scheduled tasks to run using the local SYSTEM account.

* Smaller incremental images

Restore points are now excluded from images. This makes incremental images smaller as a restore point is created prior to creating a Volume Snapshot.

* File and folder backup can now backup and restore security restricted files.

Full edition only: Files contained in 'Private' directories can now be backed up and restored without changing the NTFS permissions to allow access.

* Prevent Vista sleep event during backup

Reflect will prevent Vista enering a sleep state while a backup or image is running.

Bug fixes:

* 'Windows did not shutdown properly' message displayed for a restored Vista partition.

A restored Vista partition now boots cleanly into the Windows logon screen.

* Program crash when running Reflect via a remote desktop session.

Reflect could occasionally crash when started during a remote desktop session.

* A BitLocker encrypted file system would only create a 'Clone' partition.

A BitLockered file system now only includes used clusters in the image file.

* 'Intel Embedded Turbo' memory problem.

A PC using Intel Embedded Turbo memory would cause Reflect to crash at startup.

* Program crash when a user has no groups associated with their user profile.

Reflect would crash at startup if a user existed on the PC with no groups associated in the user profile.

* NTFS corrupt attribute list

Reflect could crash at startup if a local file system had a corrupt attribute list in the root directory.

* $VOLUME MFT record corrupt

Reflect could crash at startup if the NTFS $VOLUME MFT record was corrupt.

What's new? v4.2.2055:

* Linux rescue CD update - 2.0.187

The Linux rescue CD has been updated with the latest Linux kernel (2.6.28.8). This adds support for a greater range of disk controllers and network interface cards.

Bug fixes:

* Clean drive dismount

Windows XP only - When overwriting a partition during a restore it was sometimes necessary to reboot Windows to see the restored partition. Reflect can now cleanly dismount the overwritten partition.

* File name problem after 99 file increments

After more than 99 increments the auto generated image and backup file name could become corrupt. This issue has been resolved.

* Network transfer speed

Direct disk write has been disabled for network images and backups. Some network implementations suffered serious performance degradation with file system cache write though enabled.

* Incremental and differential image CRC errors

Incremental and differential disk images could trigger a CRC error if the imaged disk had bad sectors. Incremental and differential images now refer to a bad cluster map and avoid reading damaged disk sectors.

No, there is not need for you to modify anything to get it run at RunOnceEx.

Just slipstream this addon like any T13 (svcpack.inf) addon.

At T13, it will create registry entry only.

Actual installation will takes place only after reboot and after OOBE phase. (where the OS loads it's logon screen)

• 4 weeks later...

I am running into a timing issue with this and my RunOnce programs. I have a cleanup that is always supposed to run last, but the registry ROE entry for Macrium is just the name so it runs last after my numbered entries.

So I wanted to see if maybe I could extract the installer from this and just set it up myself to ROE so I have control on when it runs at ROE.

But I extracted this and I noticed that its not your common silent installer with switches. I see there are all the files that make up the program files dir in the archive, but then there are these files:

reflect_setup_32.msi

MacriumReflectscript.exe

\System Folder\drivers\*.sys

I notice that MacriumReflectscript.exe is an AutoIt script. So since its compiled I am not sure what it does or what the msi is there for. Can you maybe explain or if possible post the AutoIt script.

Or what would be just helpful would also be the option of just a plain silent installer to download if one prefers to control the ROE themselves.

Thanks again for all your great releases.

I am running into a timing issue with this and my RunOnce programs. I have a cleanup that is always supposed to run last, but the registry ROE entry for Macrium is just the name so it runs last after my numbered entries.
The ROE entries is controlled through 7zsfx config.txt. You have extracted the installer. You will see a text file when you extracted it. You could edit the 7zsfx config.txt file that you have extracted, particularly the 2 x AutoInstall syntax (maybe replace 'MacriumReflect' with your own number).

Then repack back using 7zsfx tool.

Edited config.txt could be like below (note the use of number '016' instead of 'MacriumReflect') :

;!@Install@!UTF-8!

GUIMode="2"

AutoInstall="hidcon:reg add HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnceEx\\016 /ve /d \"Macrium Reflect\" /f"

AutoInstall="hidcon:reg add HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnceEx\\016 /v 1 /d \"%%S\\%%M\" /f"

RunProgram="MacriumReflectscript.exe"

;!@InstallEnd@!

So I wanted to see if maybe I could extract the installer from this and just set it up myself to ROE so I have control on when it runs at ROE.
If 1st suggestion/method is not viable , just incorporate into your own batch file of ROE. The installer is switchless. (ie use 'MacReflectSI.exe' as the launch point, w/o the -ai switch).

The autoit compiled script is nothing more than just a standard msi silent switch AND to remove desktop shortcut due to timing issue too.

(I dun like program's shortcut on the desktop for every program that I installed).

Alternatively and maybe, you could run from GUIRunOnce instead. You need to deal with it at your end though.

Thanks again for all your great releases.
Thanks for your compliment. I'm still learning...too. :)
Nice addon. Very fast imaging, was using ghost...not anymore.
Hey gkar, glad u like it. :)

just incorporate into your own batch file of ROE. The installer is switchless. (ie use 'MacReflectSI.exe' as the launch point, w/o the -ai switch).

Ok, I can take this approach then if this is the swtichless installer. Most of the time with switchless installers they mention to use -ai switch to keep them silent. You mention not using the swtich to keep it silent, is that correct? Just eant to verify.

Also, in the config.txt, what is the values of %%S and %%M ?

Thanks for your assistance.

Edited by jfcarbel

You mention not using the swtich to keep it silent, is that correct? Just eant to verify.

Also, in the config.txt, what is the values of %%S and %%M ?

Thanks for your assistance.

Run this installer without switch will cause it to run silently.

This is a 7zsfx modified module parameters (quote from the help file):

%%M - SFX Archive Name Without Path (in this case, it is 'MacReflectSI.exe')

%%S - Full Path To The SFX Archive (in this case, it is 'D:\i386\svcpack' when run from any virtual machine during testing at T13)

Note:

To extract 7z exe installer, you need 7ZSplit.exe (part of 7z SFX Modified Module and Tools),

which can extract the .7z files and the config file. To uset his, drag the silent installer and drop onto 7ZSplit.exe.

The extracted config file is named after the installer file. (in this case, MacReflectSI.txt)

If you use Winrar or Universal extractor, you won't be able to extract the config.txt file. They will just extract the

archive files.

Working like a charm now from ROE. As Always, Thanks Geej and for the lesson on those 7z parms. I knew about 7split and have it in the SendTo menu but I was not familiar with the parms. One day soon I may contribute an AddOn of my own until then I keep learning.

• 3 weeks later...

Updated to 4.2 build 2409

Downloaded installer is v4.2.2376 but when connected online, the program will prompt for download patch to v4.2.2409

http://img694.imageshack.us/i/updatepatchprompt.png/

Hence this time, the package includes program + patch file to v4.2.2409.

Main program is installed silently,

Patch program is install-wizard style. (You will see the installation screen but do not need to click to install)

Edited by Geej

• 1 month later...