Little, tiny message boxes

paullyboy

Close and Restore Down. Maybe someone knows what these messages mean. They alternately appear when logging off of AOL to the desktop. They never appear together, it's one or the other. Sometimes nothing appears.

The only reason I ask is I've not been able to do system restores recently, even tho the restore points are all listed and it goes thru what seems like the full process before closing and reopening Windows. When ready to re-open the desktop, the message box says 'restore to that date failed'. Wondering if this little message from AOL is related. Thanks.

Best, Paul

This is definately possible if any part of AOL stops responding during its closing process.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks Tripredacus. The messages only last 3-4 seconds, and the Hdive is working while they're onscreen. Both stop at the same time. A lot of times I also get a WAOL error message that it failed to close when shutting down the computer. I can't tell you how many times AOL locks up and forces Task Manager to be used just to get back to the desktop. What a piece of crap AOL's turned into. I gotta get rid of them.

Best, Paul

Also, AOL should have the ability to connect to their service without using their software. When I had AOL a really long time ago, I only connected into their telco and just opened the browser, not actually their software. Or if you are using it on broadband then you also wouldn't need it, although if you are using a PPPoE setup you might have to do some additional configuring.

To tell you the truth, the ONLY reasons I haven't dumped them are the hassle of changing my E-address (and all the subsequent notifications I'd have to make), and it has one free service, AOL Money and Finance, that I've come to depend on to track the stock market and individual stocks. Otherwise I'd be long gone ;) ! Thanks again.

Best, Paul