WPI v7.5.0

Thanks belivakov.

Kels, I already did that; you have a copy of it. I got it working 100% right after we hung up. It was the way my editor was saving the file, not in true UTF-8.

Anyway, those files are no obsolete in next version, 7.6.0. I hope to have that out soon. I have a few things to do in some themes and maybe a few other small tweaks.

• 2 weeks later...

Man O man

It been a long time since i was here last. Been to busy with life the last few years to mess with my computers.

Last I was on here was in 2006? I think.

I have to say you guys have come a long way.

I remember 2.* days and when we moved to 3.*

I just downloaded 7.5 And I have to say i am really really impressed. You guys have made great improvements.

One of these day I will have to sit down and learn this all over again :) LOL

keep up the great work guys, I am glad to see this has not died out.

- Albert

P.S. If I donate does it go to both of you or do I need to donate to both?

Edited by almulder

Hey, stranger!

I have been putting serious time and effort into WPI the last few years. The theme editor is still high on my To Do List; things changed alot in the themes so I put it off for a while to make sure they were "done".

I'm not going to be shy: any donation is welcome! Anything helps to keep me motivated. And yes, you would have to donate seperately to Kels and me.

THANK YOU!

Ok, I just sent mritter a donation $10, not much but i know every bit helps. (It should at least buy you Dinner, LOL)

Keep up the good work.

Now come to think about it, it has been 3 years, I had to stop as I was moving from NV to CA.

LOL

Now i am moving from CA, back to NV. (Work transferring me again, but this time for good.)

Looking forward to coming back to try out WPI in a month or so after the move.

Until then take care.

• 2 weeks later...

My fileVersionGreaterThan function seems to have been removed from the latest 7.5.0 version along with the pretty CorporateIT theme. Any idea why?

Also I noticed that when there's an error in the conditions' syntax you get a script error about VPWindow.createWindow failing because VPWindow is null instead than getting the custom error messagebox. It can be fixed with a try/catch that uses alert('') when that call fails.

It's in the Conditions menu, File System -> File -> fileVersionGreaterThan(). Same place it's always been.

I will test some bad conditions and see what comes up. Thanks.

It's in the Conditions menu, File System -> File -> fileVersionGreaterThan(). Same place it's always been.

I will test some bad conditions and see what comes up. Thanks.

I thought a new version came out and when I downloaded it I didn't find the new function inside but now I found out it was because 7.5.0 shows wrong the version number (7.4.0) so the version I got is still the old one I already had that doesn't have the updated function inside.

On another different subject could you please change how the "Load desktop before installation starts" option works? I need desktop loaded when the install starts for certain setups but I don't want to be forced to reboot the PC all the times I start WPI manually (there are no checks to see if the desktop is already loaded so when you start the install WPI just closes waiting for a reboot).

I suggest one of the following solutions:

• WPI checking if the desktop is already loaded rather than waiting for reboot. I saw there's a function called getDesktopLoaded in wmi.js that seems to be unfinished and isn't used anywhere. Was that function supposed to check if the desktop is loaded? If that's not the case I can write a small executable that returns errorlevel 0 if the desktop is loaded, 1 if it's not that can be used by WPI.
  • a "Reboot before starting install" option (in Options->Tools above the "Restart computer after installation is complete) and WPI starting instantly also with the "wait for desktop" option. This would simulate the old behavior.
  • a switch for {REBOOT} (or a new reboot command with another name) that specifies if desktop has to be loaded (or not) and WPI starting the installation instantly without checking for the "wait for desktop" option. People who want the old behavior just need to set that switch for the setups that have issues when the desktop is not loaded.
  • (the simplest) WPI just starting the installation instantly even with the "wait for desktop" option enabled. People who want the old behaviour can use the actual %reboot% switch (unchanged) to have the system reboot before the install starts. I doubt that desktop needs to be loaded before WPI all the times because only few setups need the desktop loaded in order to install fine, also, WPI is usually started manually or automatically after windows install so in both cases the desktop would be loaded or it wouldn't so waiting for desktop even after starting the install would be useful only for some in strange cases.

If you can tell me if one of these solutions is fine I can tell you what to change in the code. I already gave a look at the code to find out why it wasn't waiting for desktop to start so I already know what to change.

Edited by Francesco