Trying to slipstream sp3 & having problems

Rebel1960

I had downloaded SP3 & everything seemed to be going smoothly until I tried to add the hotfixes & updates using autoupdater. I found what I believe to be the correct files & saved them to a folder & clicked on a file named apup which extracted the hotfixes to my pc. I don't think however that it saved them to a folder, instead installed them on into my os even though I didn't need them for that. I ran nlite again & tried pointing to the apup folder. It copied files or something & now when I try to go back to nlite to check what I have so I can burn the cd, I get this message & I can not go any further.

"Detected unfinished nLite operation". "Don't reuse broken installation." Please copy a clean Windows installation & re-do the process." click ok. progrom closes out.

I am totally lost & have no clue what to do next. If I could just get back to where I can burn a copy of the Windows installation files with SP3 I would be happy to download the hotfixes the old fashion way. I don't think I am geek enough for this stuff. My new upgrade parts will be in tomorrow & I wanted to have a headstart on getting SP3 added to my old XP Pro so it would take so long to update everything.

If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.

Rebel1960, I don't know anything about autoupdater, but if you are using it to add updates to your CD folder, then you are asking for troubles. NLite has the capability to integrate updates, you should use it. Please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Enjoy, John.

OP says "APUP" - this is not AutoUpdater - it's Autopatcher. All it does is download updates from MS into an "installation folder set". You then run a program that selects fixes (etc) based on what it finds already installed, selected those that are "lacking".

If you used this tool, then you updated your "Running System". In order to use the files downloaded, collect all of the Fixes in the AutoPatcher folder(s) (browse around in there... all of the HotFixes are there) into a common folder for use with nLite as per instructions.

HTH