How to easily integrate Internet Explorer 8 with nLite

TedJBrown

Do you want to know how to easily integrate the final version of IE8 (Internet Explorer 8) with nLite? You've come to the right place.

1. Download the IE8 addon here:

http://www.winaddons.com/internet-explorer-80/

2. Insert the addon file you downloaded into the hotfixes page of nLite.

3. Run the nLite process and enjoy.

note: there's no need to slipstream IE7 first, this works fine without it. Also, I highly recommend that you slipstream XP SP3 (Service Pack 3) first.

I'm not sure if this works with the x64 version of XP, maybe someone who knows can post a comment.

• 7 months later...

Hi Ted,

i'm struggling so much to integrate IE8 in my nLite CD. I tried everything with this addon: put it at the top, bottom, chonological date in the hotfix list in nLite but the addon does not work: it makes the usual rebooting loop after the 1st restart during the XP install.

i used a Win XP pro SP3 CD to create my nLite CD.

do you have any ideas about hos to solve this issue?

i just want to make a XP CD which install IE8... that's it!

Thx in advance

Ad

adrienports, please attach your LastSession.ini, as it could be something else, not this add-on causing the loop. There are plenty of other add-ons, like HERE, HERE or you can even make your own HERE by integrating all IE8 hotfixes into your add-on (I tried it successfully). For a list of high-priority hotfixes, see -X-'s webpage

TedJBrown, not knowing anything about the AddOn you recommend and having good ones available in these forums, I doubt the moderators would be interested in making yours a sticky.

TedJbrown hasn't posted since 8 months. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...