scripts 2 exe

is there any special scripts written that can help change .js script to exe ? (or other guided web based tools that can help with conversions, compilers , etc)

there are some pay product that say they offer conversion but mostly are misleading with this conception. when all they offer is something that is just making an "sfx.exe" that extracts and runs the very same script you feed into it...

regardless, I'm curious if there are any good scripts that do language conversion ?, which\what language would be the most similar to .js

what is considered a good language script that can be compiled to independent exe's other then anything that will need .NET ,scripting host, or use and need to many runtimes or simply none

I'm guessing these questions may seem a bit general or off topic to some advanced coders that have better knowledge or experience with many coding languages 1 on 1 daily

raising more questions similar to the above or any other feedback on the topic: are mostly welcome ranging from advanced to new-bee's users, of course!

thanks

Edited by sweept

ok, looking at autoit3 and kixtart, its all the same. the "script-to-exe" 'compilers' of both work by packing the interpreter into an exe with an optimized script code (machine readable). I would think there is no more protection than this sort obfuscation/optimization of the scripts. no matter what, somehow they have to be run. if you really wanted to make it hard for others to read your stuff, you'll have to use a compiled language. and even that doesnt totally rule out people getting access to the principles of the program (decompilers).

autoit and kixtart recommmend to never include administrative or otherwise important credentials in their scripts!