RunOnceEx not working

DarshfX

Hi everyone,

since i used a sp3 slipstreamed windows xp iso i can't have runonceex working a first boot

i do just little hotfix integration and component removal (see the .ini), configuration of the installation like user password, admin renaming and some tweaks like tcpip connection and uxtheme.

before sp3, i can use my runonceex.cmd at first boot without problem but since then, they are going to the registry (i can see in runonceex that the installation are here) but never launch at reboot

if anybody have been experiencing the same problem, i'll be glad to share the information ^^

thanks, DarshfX

PS: justre for test, i use my runonceex.cmd on a fresh windows xp sliptreamed sp3 and it works

Derni_re_session.ini

Edited by DarshfX

DarshfX, I see nothing under [GuiRunOnce] in your Last Session. I guess you are saying you can see the reference to your command file in the Registry, but it never launches. I will do some research and see if I can discover what could prevent the launching of RunOnceEx files. I suggest you do the same and, please make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: Are you running under an account with administrator privileges? John.

Edited by johnhc

hi and thanks for the answer.

i do my runonceex installation via cmdlines.txt who launch runonceex1.cmd, that's why nothing appera in nlite. after the first boot of windows, when i go in regedit, i see all my lines, but i can boot 10 times, they never launch and always appear in regedit

i have a copy of my windows+sp3 slipstream folder. when i want to nlite, i always erase previous working dir and do a copy

thanks again

yes, i'm running with the autologin admin account

i've been experiencong strange thing today.

i do windows update before shutdown my computer yesterday. when i open it today, i have all my runonceex command that run at first boot. perhaps it is because of an update.

I'm going to nlite a windows with all the fix from yesterday and reinstall again. i post answer tonight ^^