Backup Wii DVDs and CDs

mikep56

Hi DigeratiPrime,

I am not really looking to go the mod chip route; this is meant to be a completely legitimate backup. The reason is 5 and 7 year olds don't quite get the "handle by the edges" thing.

Thanks for the quick response.

Regards,

Mike

You'd probably be best served with a quality disc cleaning kit or places like gamestop will scrub it for a nominal fee, and many times at no cost if you are purchasing something.

Echoing Prime, even a legitimate backup has no way of being restored/replayed without physical modification of the system.

Edited by iamtheky

• 2 weeks later...

they used to make a clear cover for the DVD's about $1 each. slip them on and play right threw them. when they get messed up ust pull it off and put on a new one. i never tried them, but they might be a stop gap till you can find another option.

any chance the company would swop out a damaged CD for a new one if you mailed it back to them ?? you might look into that as well.

good luck with the lil ones.:)

Please let us know, the amazon and gamespot reviews discuss problems with wii+ dskins. good luck.

ya now he tells us . lol

good luck with them. seems like i first saw them at raideo shack or walmart. so they may be there as well, but not at that price. much better price on line.:)

i would also like to know how they work out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi All,

So I finally got my d-skins about 2 days ago.

Highly recommended.

Regards,

Mike

thanks for sharing that back with us mike. i personally have never used any covers for cd's or game's but a friend of mine say they are a life saver. also to anyone else that reads this there is a service that guarantees their work although i have never used this before i have herd that they are really good a "fixing" scratched cdroms and games including wii games.

ebay - cd cleaning service