Sony Ericsson F305 no software?

MillenX

It's a bit long so i hope u could spend some time reading this...

no software for sony ericsson f305?

the model i bought did not come v a software disc.

When i connect it to my pc the phone display a list of 3 modes:

Phone mode

PictBridge

Mass Storage

I can access PictBridge and Mass Storage but for the Mass Storage, i can only access to the SD card inside it but can't access to the phone internal memory!!!

The biggest problem is the phone mode. windows can't install the driver for the phone. even after installing the latest Sony Ericsson PC Suite it's still the same. PC Suite tends to wait for Windows to complete the driver installation before initiating the program. so i guess that PC Suite does not install the driver but just merely a program.

post-167089-1237276250_thumb.jpg

Windows can't install S0008 USB Data Modem?

The retailer lent me a K770i CD to try to install. so i installed an older PC Suite 4 plus Media Manager and everything in it but still the same. I browsed the CD and saw a Driver folder but Windows can't use the driver files for my F305. obviously the driver files are not for my model.

*Sony Ericsson Update Service has no support for F305! I browsed its website and found no support and software for F305. I downloaded themes (.thm) but can't install. It can't play wma files. These unplayable files were encoded using wma9 encoder.

post-167089-1237277050_thumb.jpg

A mistake by Sony?

Edited by MillenX

• 1 month later...

Phone mode

PictBridge

Mass Storage

I can access PictBridge and Mass Storage but for the Mass Storage, i can only access to the SD card inside it but can't access to the phone internal memory!!!

The biggest problem is the phone mode. windows can't install the driver for the phone. even after installing the latest Sony Ericsson PC Suite it's still the same. PC Suite tends to wait for Windows to complete the driver installation before initiating the program. so i guess that PC Suite does not install the driver but just merely a program.

The retailer lent me a K770i CD to try to install. so i installed an older PC Suite 4 plus Media Manager and everything in it but still the same. I browsed the CD and saw a Driver folder but Windows can't use the driver files for my F305. obviously the driver files are not for my model.

*Sony Ericsson Update Service has no support for F305! I browsed its website and found no support and software for F305. I downloaded themes (.thm) but can't install. It can't play wma files. These unplayable files were encoded using wma9 encoder.

A mistake by Sony?

i have connected my f305 device via usb........and my operating system has found my phone modem but i can not connect my modem to internet..........................................................................to connect your f305 to computer as modem please download the file (Sony_Ericsson_Drivers_3.5.3.0) from www.sonyericsson.com................then install the file and connect your f305...........and u will see operating system automaticlly has found ur phone modem

Edited by ekta-chele

Phone mode

PictBridge

Mass Storage

A mistake by Sony?

i have connected my f305 device via usb........and my operating system has found my phone modem but i can not connect my modem to internet..........................................................................to connect your f305 to computer as modem please download the file (Sony_Ericsson_Drivers_3.5.3.0) from www.sonyericsson.com................then install the file and connect your f305...........and u will see operating system automaticlly has found ur phone modem

• 1 month later...

same problem here i dont know what to do :no: how do i download themes in SE f305 plzz help me and SE f305 pc suite aint came to my city still waiting for the data cable :whistle: plzz help me how to download themes in SE f305

• 2 weeks later...

idk if their the same, but i have a w580i and i can't access the internal mem on it, but when i drag and drop a .thm file onto my memory card, i just select it while on my phone it lets me set it as my theme w/ no problem

• 3 months later...

F305 doesnt have:

wma audio support

theme support

SE pc-suite support

unknown file transferred to F305 will be automatically deleted upon transferring.

graphic is sucks. low quality graphic is used to boost battery life and cut costs in order to introduce this so-called gaming phone with affordable price.

large image and video file size, typically larger than 11mb, is unreadable

only one alarm can be set. image n video capturing is of slightly low quality since no cybershot.

battery life is good, however.

this phone is among the worst one of SE but i appreciate it as my first phone!