No audio help!

Anderwin

Hello I'm a new member here.

:)

Anyway I used Nlite and did delete a lot of compents and so on. I use a Windows prof with no SP! Norwegian CD

My sound card is Realtek and I remove a lot like I said. But I have installed all serivce packes. Still no sound.

I have try to download the driver pack and the installer from Realtek homepage but they do not work either.

If I go to control panel and find the sound options this stay there: No sound~

http://bildr.no/view/368180

http://bildr.no/view/368181

What did I remove wrong? And is it some guide to Nlite like is to Vlite?

Vlite work 100% for me :thumbup

But now I got no sound.

Please fast help.

Maybe you know why is do not work, what have I removed to not get the windows audio control panel?

Thanks in advance:)

Needed by Realtek Sound Card

hid.dll.........(Hid User Library). Needed to open Realtek's Audio Configuration Utility (soundman.exe in C:\WINDOWS)

ksproxy.ax......(WDM Streaming ActiveMovie Proxy). Realtek AC'97 asks for this file when installing audio drivers

newdev.dll......(Add Hardware Device Library). Realtek's Driver Installer (alcupd.exe file in C:\WINDOWS) needs this file to install drivers. I'm sure other devices need it too.

RTLCPAPI.dll....RtlCPAPI Module

These 3 .WAV files are also created by Realtek Sound Card. If I remove these .WAV files, they are re-created as soon as I open the Realtek Audio Control Panel (RTLCPL.EXE)...with "ALSNDMGR.WAV" being the exception. ALSNDMGR.WAV is the one .WAV file that has so far not re-created itself. I have ALSNDMGR.WAV deleted in PART 10.

ALSNDMGR.WAV

BuzzingBee.wav

LoopyMusic.wav

I found this in a sticky tread but what I going to keep I did not understand what service, or what is called I need to keep.

Add Hardware Device Library)

Hid User Library

WDM Streaming ActiveMovie

It is this?

Quick Reply -

I don't use/haven't used nLite, so can't rationally answer but those that can usually require that you upload/attach you LASTSESSION.INI (?) file. Do that by Full Editing your original post (to reduce clutter).

As I understand it, it should be in the ROOT of the CD, if you correctly created the nLite image.

I don't have the file on the CD either so strange. Somebody others did understand the Realtek informastion above?

Ok... don't understand how you could have created and installed with nLite but...

Brother's son removed the "sndrec32.exe" program from the PC (to remove it from his tray) and it displayed the same symptoms as yours.

You must have created the nLited version from some original source CD (since you says it's nLited). You have apparently removed too much.

I would suggest you reinstall from the original source CD and try the nLite process again.

Without accurate info (re Components Removed), I can see no way of anyone assisting you.

and here's the nLite website -

http://www.nliteos.com/

Edited by submix8c

Ok... don't understand how you could have created and installed with nLite but...

Brother's son removed the "sndrec32.exe" program from the PC (to remove it from his tray) and it displayed the same symptoms as yours.

You must have created the nLited version from some original source CD (since you says it's nLited). You have apparently removed too much.

I would suggest you reinstall from the original source CD and try the nLite process again.

Without accurate info (re Components Removed), I can see no way of anyone assisting you.

and here's the nLite website -

http://www.nliteos.com/

I will thank you anyway to try to help. I found out the problem. I needed to reinstall everything update to SP 2. But before update to SP 3 I needed to have my audio drivers installed :realmad:

Thanks anyway and is a kickass program! My XP cd is on 130 MB :)

Without that LS.ini we`ll never know what really happened.

You talking about "installing" SP2 and SP3, so you didn`t integrate them?

Maybe it`s a problem caused by KB888333, which was missing but needed by HD-Audio.

KB888333 is not in SP2, but is part of SP3.