Missing Paint shortcut

VulturEMaN

VulturEMaN, when strange things happen, like disappearing short cuts, usually nLite has been run more than one time against the same source. Please make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. What system are you running nLite under - Server 2003 (32 or 64 bit?) or XP x64? I suggest you look into Windows Post Install (WPI, couple forums below nLite's). From it you can have all kinds of fun after install. Enjoy, John.

yea, the CD worked just fine if i don't nlite it.

Trying to nlite this disk doesn't work at all. It didn't uninstall alot of services, it didn't do the guirunonce, it didn't set a couple settings i asked it to (like cleartype).

Although my post count is low, i've been using nlite since july of 2005, and I know what I'm doing as far as not nliting the same directory twice and proper configs. I never tried doing a Dell disk before....

Edited by VulturEMaN

I think i know where your problem is.

When you select components, look at the advanced button.

Click it, remove every line on Keep Files side (leave it by default, 1 file to keep, 2 files to remove).

That is a prehistoric bug. :whistle::hello:

You can try to get the same bug this way:

Select images and avatar components, go to advanced, try to keep these files:

chess.bmp

frog.bmp

bliss.jpg

you can put there any of the avatars or wallpapers name, is the same result, no shortcuts.

Recomendation: dont use advanced option not on your next nliting.

After success you can start trying with files to keep if they are not where youd like to have m.

Edited by Maxfutur