Yer beta

W3bbo

Hello W3bbo,

my VM was not able to restore the Anolis installation (attachment). - Actually it cannot restore any restore point!

I noticed this behavior after the first installation of Anolis - but I did never restore my VM before, so I cannot say, if this bug was caused by Anolis or not...

Do others have problems with system restore after Anolis installation?

post-216733-1237291082_thumb.png

Edited by MrBusty

Looks like there are still a few issues, but everything is looking a lot better. I found a missing bitmap again within Display Properties. Device Manager now starts, but it doesn't populate at all (this might be a residual effect of the previous release's bug). And there are some out-dated bitmaps that I found. I'm not sure if these are supposed to be updated, but they're in such a conspicuous location that I figured they would have been targeted by Xpize a long time ago.

ccd1edeb7ab9e0b76275863b131e1575cfeee510.png

The bitmaps in the Power Meter tab are in batmeter.dll, there aren't any replacement resources for those in the xpize resources collection I have on my computer, but I'll create a replacement if none already exist.

For those wondering why the download links aren't working: it's because CodePlex is currently undergoing "emergency maintenance", which may or may not be related to the downtime experienced earlier on in the week. It's been down for about 9 hours so far (this also includes the TFS servers). No word on when it'll be back online, but I hope before the weekend.

Good news is CodePlex is back online. Bad news is that I've got three big pieces of coursework due Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday so don't expect anything from me until Friday 27th at the earliest.

That said, keep posting suggestions and bugs. Oh, and mention Anolis Resourcer anytime you see ResHacker mentioned :)

After install the package I got problems using applications that require Microsoft Magnament Console (MMC); like Services, device admin … this is how are displayed (a window with a strange Menu bar and no toolbar or content):

post-228758-1237856297_thumb.jpg

I tested in an official release of Windows XP prof. with SP3 in Spanish that have been splipstreamed with IE7 and WMP11 using nlite (without other updates or programs).

After that, I tried again with a clean installation (without IE7 and WMP11) and I got the same result (MMC doesn’t work), and besides other problem:

post-228758-1237856343_thumb.jpg

This doesn’t happen the first time.

On all this test I was using Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 SP1, Anolis Installer 2009-03-16, and .Net 2 SP2 (in Spanish).

Just wanted to note: the Monitor Power resource image is also not there in my Windows XP SP3 installation even WITHOUT using xpize beta.

Dunno why, just I don't have an image there even on a fresh install (will post image sometime soon-- at school now [>.>].

Can you elaborate on that?

I might have been a bit premature in saying that "most" have vanished. What happened was I noticed that when I went into Display Properties, resources were gone on a few of the tabs. So I ran Winver to be sure I had SP3 (I was thinking maybe I had SP2 on this system, which caused the problems) and I noticed resources were missing there. Then I went to System Properties and I noticed that the Oemlogo had vanished (not pictured below). Then I posted here saying that "most" had vanished, but I think that's probably the extent of it, actually.

@Dumpy Dooby: did windows system restore work properly?

It did not.

Edited by Happy-Dude
Removed image to make thread readable

• 2 weeks later...
so project is dead again?

No, I've been busy with real life.

Announcement:

I've added in read-only support for *.res files, string tables, and dialog resources. I'm working on menus, then I'll return to working on xpize itself. I'll make a new release later today.

Edited by W3bbo

• 4 weeks later...