Yer beta

W3bbo

Okay, I think I've found the cause of the problem with the Bitmap replacements (It's putting in the Bitmap file header, whops).

Keep posting feedback, I want to crush Stardock with my little empire :)

I'll release an updated version tonight that should fix a lot of the issues people are having, even if system restore wasn't working.

This version will have:

* "Use System Restore" feature should now work

* The computer will restart at the end and not throw an Exception (that error message window you saw)

* Bitmap resources will be applied properly

and I'll look into fixing up MMC, but no promises for tonight.

And to all of those with currently broken machines, I did say to use a VM ;)

Your patcher is very impressive, I notice it does not delete any icons it only replaces the icons with the same size and resolution as are in the .ico file

...as well as adding sub-images if they don't already exist.

I did that way because I hypothesised that the behaviour of ResHacker and other programs (to delete the old sub-images and recreate the new ones) might break some programs that assume those sub-images exist with a certain name.

oh, and it also means the distribution size can be smaller since it no-longer needs to include icon sub-images that are already there.

Can you elaborate on that?

I might have been a bit premature in saying that "most" have vanished. What happened was I noticed that when I went into Display Properties, resources were gone on a few of the tabs. So I ran Winver to be sure I had SP3 (I was thinking maybe I had SP2 on this system, which caused the problems) and I noticed resources were missing there. Then I went to System Properties and I noticed that the Oemlogo had vanished (not pictured below). Then I posted here saying that "most" had vanished, but I think that's probably the extent of it, actually.

3445092877b0a8e7a66ac0aa8e0b58c848e98d96.png

@Dumpy Dooby: did windows system restore work properly?

It did not.

Edited by Dumpy Dooby

the same problem as other fellow - no graphics resources after install. and i had to edit package.xml to remove entry with ctfmon.exe and whole section of realteck to avoid errors during install.

Edited by hood

I execute the "Anolis.Installer.exe" and it show me that:

dibujolvx.png

In english: The application can't be initiate correctly. Do it click on "Acept" to finish this application.

Why??

Edited by lucho667

I've updated the Installer binaries to properly patch bitmaps and add-in support for System Restore. I've tried posting it but I'm having problems accessing the Codeplex website. I'll try again later.

Looks like there are still a few issues, but everything is looking a lot better. I found a missing bitmap again within Display Properties. Device Manager now starts, but it doesn't populate at all (this might be a residual effect of the previous release's bug). And there are some out-dated bitmaps that I found. I'm not sure if these are supposed to be updated, but they're in such a conspicuous location that I figured they would have been targeted by Xpize a long time ago.

ccd1edeb7ab9e0b76275863b131e1575cfeee510.png

I'll look into the MMC problems shortly.

I'll release a new package shortly which will contain the rest of xpize including the visual styles, wallpapers, and some other stuff. I'll see if I can get it done before Friday. That will be the last private beta, the rest will be public. Thanks to everyone who spotted bugs and issues so far.

It'll take me a while to recreate the bitmaps for Luna Element and Luna Blue, but I'll be done within a fortnight hopefully.