[Release] Adobe Reader 9.1 Corporate/Lite

Guest XhmikosR

the "Create Adobe PDF Using Acrobat.com" is still present if the Reader is opened "embedded" with the web browser viewing pane...

it would be nice if that "icon" were removed not only when opening the Reader "normally", but also while opened "inside" my web browser...

For the time being, import this reg key to disable it:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0\AVGeneral\cToolbars\cFile\cExternalButtons]
"a0"="Print"
"a1"="SaveFileAs"
"a2"="endDialogGroup"

This can be incorporated with the tutorial itself.

Guest XhmikosR
the "Create Adobe PDF Using Acrobat.com" is still present if the Reader is opened "embedded" with the web browser viewing pane...

it would be nice if that "icon" were removed not only when opening the Reader "normally", but also while opened "inside" my web browser...

For the time being, import this reg key to disable it:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0\AVGeneral\cToolbars\cFile\cExternalButtons]
"a0"="Print"
"a1"="SaveFileAs"
"a2"="endDialogGroup"

This can be incorporated with the tutorial itself.

That button is not present in the AR itself. It's only present in the embedded AR in the browser. Those registry keys are already in the tutorial and already being used. I hope you mean the same I mean, because it's 4am here and I need some sleep.:)

That's what I thought as well. It seems that there's another key for embedded AR toolbars.

In the tutorial, disabling the button uses "cInternalButtons" key which is for standalone reader itself.

However, when opening PDF via browsers, it has another key created -> "cExternalButtons".

p/s: Good morning, XhmikosR! :D

Guest XhmikosR
That's what I thought as well. It seems that there's another key for embedded AR toolbars.

In the tutorial, disabling the button uses "cInternalButtons" key which is for standalone reader itself.

However, when opening PDF via browsers, it has another key created -> "cExternalButtons".

p/s: Good morning, XhmikosR! :D

Thank you for that. I'll include it in the next version and in the tutorial when I'll update it.:)

Guest XhmikosR

About the removal of the PDF tab. Has anyone noticed any problems with that? During my tests, everything is fine. Tomorrow I'll post a new version for testing with the above change.

About the removal of the PDF tab. Has anyone noticed any problems with that? During my tests, everything is fine. Tomorrow I'll post a new version for testing with the above change.

i've also not noticed any problems with the removal of the PDF tab, everything seems fine for me as well...

(oh, and apologies for not looking up the reg-key...)

edit: ps - i hope it's not mentioned above [it's a LONG thread!], but, um, has it been mentioned about perhaps having the "Check for updates" DISABLED by default?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0\AVGeneral

bCheckForUpdatesAtStartup

REG_DWORD

Edited by MSFN-GuEsT

Does anyone use Form filling?

IMO form filling is a priorty, it should stay.

EDIT1: in todays world of terabyte drives etc etc, size does not matter so much.

The Lite'ening of this product has more to do with RogerDB's sentiments posted HERE.

There are few people with actual concerns of hdd space.

MANY people are concerned about background processes running without any way of stopping them.

Please keep this in mind when trying to make the product as small (in bytes) as possible.

EDIT2: I have read the comments on the internet by small minds comparing 20 MB to 25 MB etc etc

Ignore these people. This Lite product isnt for them. They have no idea whats running in the background, and never will. Those with real knowledge seek this product for the reasons posted above in EDIT1

shark

Amen :thumbup

Guest XhmikosR

i've also not noticed any problems with the removal of the PDF tab, everything seems fine for me as well...

(oh, and apologies for not looking up the reg-key...)

edit: ps - i hope it's not mentioned above [it's a LONG thread!], but, um, has it been mentioned about perhaps having the "Check for updates" DISABLED by default?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0\AVGeneral

bCheckForUpdatesAtStartup

REG_DWORD

I wonder why I haven't already added this. Thanks for pointing out. In an hour I'll have uploaded a new version.

EDIT: Updated Corporate and Lite versions in the first post. Also updated the tutorial. If you find any problems, please report them here.

Edited by XhmikosR

been doing some digging, maybe you want to include these as well (up to you do decide) ;)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0\FormsPrefs]
"bHideDocumentMessageBar"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0\Originals]
"bDisplayedSplash"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0\AVGeneral]
"bCheckForUpdatesAtStartup"=dword:00000000
"iMaxMRUCnt"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0\AVGeneral\cDockables\cThumbnails\cInternalLocation]
"iPanelPosition"=dword:00000002
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0\AVGeneral\cDockables\cModelTree\cInternalLocation]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0\AVGeneral\cDockables\cBookmarks\cInternalLocation]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0\AVGeneral\cDockables\cArticles\cInternalLocation]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0\AVGeneral\cDockables\cOCGs\cInternalLocation]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0\AVGeneral\cDockables\cFileAttachment\cInternalLocation]

The top few keys are self explanatory.

The bottom bunch is to turn off the navigation panels (some PDFs have bookmarks, attachments, etc.)

[Manually, the whole Navigation Panel itself can be turned off by pressing F4 or via menu. However, it will come back on the next run. The trick is to individually turn off each panels, then the Navigation Panel will be OFF as well]

Hi XhmikosR,

Just a feedback on the new tutorial :)

I've tried 2x following the tutorial and the PDF shell still registered.

I also tried your Lite build 27, and PDF tab not shown.

Maybe you've missed something in the tutorial?

Guest XhmikosR

I don't really feel like turning off navigation panels. The check for updates it's already disabled in the versions I posted a few minutes ago. About the forms I'll probably include that key in the version, as I also don't like seeing the message bar with Forms. But the "iMaxMRUCnt"=dword:00000001, I don't see the point to do that. It's just a matter of taste.

Thanks for your help.:)

Now, after I finish with these changes, I have to finish the batch files and then create the transforms for all languages.

Hi XhmikosR,

Just a feedback on the new tutorial smile.gif

I've tried 2x following the tutorial and the PDF shell still registered.

I also tried your Lite build 27, and PDF tab not shown.

Maybe you've missed something in the tutorial?

Maybe I misunderstood something, but what exaclty you want: PDF tab to show or not? Because I removed it, since it didn't work properly.

EDIT: Now tutorial should be ok.:)

Edited by XhmikosR

ok, maybe it's a bit confusing here :)

1) Definitely NO PDF tab

2) Your Lite b27: PDF tab not shown [expected]

3) I redid a fresh extraction. Followed the new tutorial. PDF tab is shown [not expected].

Either I missed something (i redid 3 times now) or there's missing steps in the tutorial.

If it's too troublesome, nevermind then. ;)

Guest XhmikosR
ok, maybe it's a bit confusing here :)

1) Definitely NO PDF tab

2) Your Lite b27: PDF tab not shown [expected]

3) I redid a fresh extraction. Followed the new tutorial. PDF tab is shown [not expected].

Either I missed something (i redid 3 times now) or there's missing steps in the tutorial.

If it's too troublesome, nevermind then. ;)

Did you try v.29? Because using v.29 PDF tab is NOT shown here.

Edited by XhmikosR