[Release] Adobe Reader 9.1 Corporate/Lite

Guest XhmikosR

Then why are we discussing this, really? If someone wants all the features of AR, then feel free to use the official AR. You asked for a Corporate version, and here it is. Personally, I don't plan to add back anything or change any registry keys so easily.

My plans for now is to finish all the transforms so in the future in would be much easier to update all the languages.

Hi XhmikosR, please don't take it in a wrong way ;)

We are just discussing this because you stated in a previous post that PDF tab works fine in your english corporate version but I found this is not correct and I thought you should know that.

Moreover I think it's a nonsense to have the PDF tab if it doesn't show informations because it can create confusion (you are not able to know if the file really has empty fields or if they are simply not shown).

This is how I found the issue (I had a file with fields filled but PDF taw was empty).

I suggest to integrate AcroRd32Info.exe back or remove PDF tab at all, just to avoid mistakes ;)

P.

Guest XhmikosR

If someone could create all the transforms for the other languages, then I could start again messing with the English versions. I will think of removing the PDF tab, but I won't add Acro32Info back. Only if someone could follow the tutorial to create all the transforms for all the languages except for English. Then we would have a basis to continue.

Edited by XhmikosR

Hi, can someone help me with an installation problem, please?

I haven't previously had trouble, but on a different computer I get the following error during installation, and can't continue:

adobereaderfail.png

Cheers :)

Guest XhmikosR
Hi, can someone help me with an installation problem, please?

I haven't previously had trouble, but on a different computer I get the following error during installation, and can't continue:

adobereaderfail.png

Cheers :)

Which version exactly are you using (Lite/Corporate English etc)? This is the first time I see something that error message.

The 7z sfx should be directed to extract (cache) the installation files to %programdata%\Adobe and not deleted.

This will help with user rights access issues / self repair of MSI installations / svcpack compatibility

shark

Edited by Shark007

Guest XhmikosR

I'll take a look at that tomorrow, so I'll leave the transforms for now. I'll do some tests about removing the PDF tab also.

The 7z sfx should be directed to extract (cache) the installation files to %programdata%\Adobe and not deleted.

This will help with user rights access issues / self repair of MSI installations / svcpack compatibility

shark

hi shark,

correct me if i'm wrong: %programdata% only exists in Vista/W7? It doesn't exist in XP.

perhaps %PROGRAMFILES%\Adobe or %COMMONPROGRAMFILES%\Adobe ?

Edited by cybpsych

Guest XhmikosR

I thought about that and I don't really see the point to change the 7zip SFX. I don't use UAC and I really don't see any reason for anyone to use it. So I don't think I'll change it. If someone wants, then it's very easy to change that. I'll change the PDF tab though. Also I might need some help with the batch files I've made. I'll post tomorrow a new version for testing.

Could someone point me to where I can find the info on how to use this new lite 'exe' to make a service pack addon. I used the old method that Shark had, which I have used before, but it did not silently install. Was I supposed to unzip and use the "msi"? Maybe it can be added to first post.

thanks in advance,

Eddie

Or maybe the silent switch/'s so that I can use the nlite addon maker. maybe /sall /rs

Edited by eddie11013

the "Create Adobe PDF Using Acrobat.com" is still present if the Reader is opened "embedded" with the web browser viewing pane...

it would be nice if that "icon" were removed not only when opening the Reader "normally", but also while opened "inside" my web browser...

Guest XhmikosR
the "Create Adobe PDF Using Acrobat.com" is still present if the Reader is opened "embedded" with the web browser viewing pane...

it would be nice if that "icon" were removed not only when opening the Reader "normally", but also while opened "inside" my web browser...

If you take a look a couple of pages before, you'll see that I ask if anybody knows the registry keys in order to remove that. For the time being it's only disabled in the main program and not inside a browser. If you, or anybody else provide the registry keys that have to be changed, then I will be more than happy to disable it.