[Release] Adobe Reader 9.1 Corporate/Lite

Guest XhmikosR

USER "cybpsych" Please, nl_NL ( Dutch Language ) Thanks!!!

Missing it in the languages youve already posted.

I can only upload in ~12 hours time (it's Monday morning here) At the mean time, i'll wait for other languages request and i'll upload them together. :thumbup

Thnx in advance... will wait for the dutch version.

Already happy that you wanna make other languages available. :thumbup

Guest XhmikosR
Adobe Reader 9.1 Lite - Nederlands (nl_NL) has been uploaded to my MediaFire's Shared Folder. Check link at post #90.

Note1: Thanks to bubuxp by creating a RapidShare Linklist to store all the RS links.

Note2: From today onwards, I'll be uploading to MediaFire's shared folder. All my language releases are currently being re-uploaded to MediaFire.

Thanks a lot, cybpsych. I added your MediaFire shared folder in the first post. Maybe you could upload a German Lite version? (I think someone already posted it, if you want to save some time)

EDIT:

I just noticed that Russian version is not done exactly by the tutorial. This may happen with all the other language versions since I didn't create them (the sizes are too small compared to the ENG Lite version, when it should be the opposite). I've informed cybpsych, but better wait until he fixes his releases.

Edited by XhmikosR

Guest XhmikosR

I've started making most of the other languages Lite version and I'll upload them. The link would be in the first post for those who are interested. So, for v.26 wait a couple of days until I'm done and I'll upload most of the other languages.

For future releases, I won't probably do this, but the tutorial(s) are pretty easy to follow.

0240b3ea958603d8fecdf6d27b9d1b4f *AdbeRdr910_Lite_bg_BG-9.1.0.26.exe

73febbcb2605f58111a8014d6f830b89 *AdbeRdr910_Lite_cs_CZ-9.1.0.26.exe

798bd6bdc5edfa56fa2e3cef0cab7f45 *AdbeRdr910_Lite_da_DK-9.1.0.26.exe

9de7af62925207833f2cb0d558e07201 *AdbeRdr910_Lite_de_DE-9.1.0.26.exe

3688d6b578a1778d12b28a56dfe0dc65 *AdbeRdr910_Lite_es_ES-9.1.0.26.exe

bec595fb3f4bfd79af58ef5033e8a5c7 *AdbeRdr910_Lite_fr_FR-9.1.0.26.exe

62094315286191ba82db2461d83cc5c8 *AdbeRdr910_Lite_it_IT-9.1.0.26.exe

223d8e91ca87f0b23629b8e2db0a1028 *AdbeRdr910_Lite_ru_RU-9.1.0.26.exe

Edited by XhmikosR

Guest XhmikosR

Yes, this is what I've been trying to do, but there are some language stuff that should be removed manually. Anyway, what I cannot figure out, is how to change the Version Info of the SFX by using a script with Resource Hacker.

Edited by XhmikosR

Guest XhmikosR
What do you mean? What kind of language stuff? You could have a base transform, and then an extra transform for each language.

That is exactly what I'm trying to do. Anyway, I'm trying to automate the whole process. For the time being I've created a batch file to extract all MSIs from the compressed EXEs, create subfolders and move the files into those subfolders. Now I need to apply the transform via cmd to all of the MSIs, and then manually remove/change any language specific stuff. After that I have already made a batch file to create the SFXs, but I need some help to find how to change the Version Info with Resource Hacker using a script.

Edited by XhmikosR

Adobe Reader 9.1 Corporate (build 02)

[links removed per users request]

Adobe Reader 9.1 Lite (build 26)

[links removed per users request]

Note: I've changed the SFX to have a dialog screen before extracting (in case you change your mind). Once extracted, installation will be unattended (automated) all the way.

Credits: As usual, it's based on XhmikosR's updated tutorial. Not to forget Shark007 as well ;)

Edited by cluberti

What do you mean? What kind of language stuff? You could have a base transform, and then an extra transform for each language.

That is exactly what I'm trying to do. Anyway, I'm trying to automate the whole process. For the time being I've created a batch file to extract all MSIs from the compressed EXEs, create subfolders and move the files into those subfolders. Now I need to apply the transform via cmd to all of the MSIs, and then manually remove/change any language specific stuff. After that I have already made a batch file to create the SFXs, but I need some help to find how to change the Version Info with Resource Hacker using a script.

Open the original file with reshacker. Modify the versioninfo and compile it. Click action, save resource as *.res file and do it. Then, provided that the original file is test.exe, the modified file is test_out.exe, and the resource file with the version info is test.res, run the following command:

ResHacker.exe -modify test.exe, test_out.exe, test.res, VERSIONINFO, 1

Keep in mind that you cannot modify a value providing it via command line. The resource in the exe file is a compiled script. So, you can't do something like

reshacker.exe -modify test.exe, test_out.exe, VERSIONINFO, 1, FILEVERSIONINFO, 3232343

By the way, I have an automated method of creating my lite version, using autoit, that uses WiUseXfm.vbs to save the msis transformed. How do you do this?

Guest XhmikosR

I have built a few batch files. One to extract the MSIs, one to create the new MSI's and one to create the final SFXs (For Lite and Corporate versions). Unfortunately I cannot find any way to apply the transforms with IS via cmd. Also, I have to create at least for the first time each transform for each language, otherwise I get some errors. When I finish all of those changes, I will upload all my scripts and stuff. Only if we could apply transforms via cmd...

About Resource Hacker. I didn't save the resource file as .res that's why it didn't work. Thank you for that.:) Is there any way to edit just the FileVersion via a script?

EDIT: Forget about the FileVersion. I now read again you post and it seems it's not possible.

Edited by XhmikosR

What I said is that I used WiUseXfm.vbs to apply transforms via command line! (You can only do it one by one, though). It is included in the platform SDK, or download it here.

I think you don't have a choice: each language will need its own transform file. And, depending on how you plan to do things, a res file for each language.

Guest XhmikosR

Thanks. I'll give WiUseXfm.vbs a try. If everything goes well, the only that would have to be done manually is edit the final SFX to change the FileVersion.:)

Guest XhmikosR

Good news. Everything is working fine, fully automated. The only thing that I have to do, is to create all the transforms for each language and for both Lite and Corporate versions, but that has to be done only once. After that I'll have as a base those transforms. Of course, that will take me a while, probably by the end of the weekend I'll have finished most of the transforms.

EDIT:

I also got rid of Orca, and if someone wants to make any further changes, only InstallShield is needed. Tested it and no problems so far. So that way it would be just a click for everyone to make the Corporate/Lite version of their language.

Edited by XhmikosR