Gun Metal runs slow

starcraftmaster

hey every one

i got this game called gun metal but it runs slow and i have put it on lowest graphics and still it runs a bit slow

so is their a patch for it??

it seems theirs a patch for it but when i try to download it it says link not found so i need a website that still has it

my computer

386 of sd pc-133 ram

933mhz pentium 3 l2 256kb cache

nvidia geforce 4 mx 440 se pci 64mb

yamaha sound card

and system requirements for the game

Operating System: Windows 98,2000,ME,XP Processor: Pentium II 450 or equivalent RAM: 64 MB System RAM Video Card: 32MB 3D graphics card Processor: DirectX 9 compatible sound card

You seem to have issues with your machine whilst playing (even old) games. I would save up some money and put together a new one (or even look through companies' old computers when they are replacing them with new ones).

well i guess its just a buggy game since i tried it on my laptop (about 10x better then what am doing it on now)and it seem a bit slow but it was on full graphics but it should run fine

plus i dont want to make a new system since this has be serving me good for 10 years

plus i dont want to make a new system since this has be serving me good for 10 years

Sorry, off topic, but may i ask why you are so hesitant to upgrade? I mean, 10 years... in the computer world thats a fair while. At one stage or another you are going to need to get a better system, things will advance so far that your PC will be able to do very little.

Why wait so long?

because it costed money lol

+ Your topics like:

- Gun Metal runs slow

- starwars battle front is SLOW

- games wont work but uesd to

- any one try jape empire on much lower specs

- far cry wont install

- star wars republic commando looks wired

Makes me want to say one thing: IF you like the games, get a system that can pull it! A system build up out of components AND a supported OS for the latest drivers AND directX.

I know you don't need a state of the art machine with OS to run older games, but you might find some, even free, computers WITH a XP license attached to it so it still can pull the latest directX 9 AND plenty of power to run the older games. I hope you didn't downgrade your OS on your laptop when it came with Vista or so...

my computer

386 of sd pc-133 ram

933mhz pentium 3 l2 256kb cache

nvidia geforce 4 mx 440 se pci 64mb

yamaha sound card

Which "gunmetal" game?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunmetal_(PC)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_Metal_(video_game)

Generally if a game runs, but runs slow then their is a resource problem. Then depending on what exactly is slow, loading times or fps, we can determine where the inefficiency is. Low FPS is usually due to underpowered video cards and not enough cpu or memory whereas long loading times is usually due to a slow hard drive. If you think it's a software problem trying running the game on a more powerful system to test that idea.

Just like puntoMX said. You're always posting "xyz doesn't work on my box", yet you're stubborn on keeping using that old junker (along with the very worst OS ever devised, no less)

Guess what? There's people who paid lots more for even older systems (or newer), and yet they've all moved to modern systems. Except in your case, you could probably find computers that don't cost any money (as in free) that are vastly better than yours (I've seen TONS of systems discarded/thrown away that were MUCH nicer for sure). I fail to see why that would even be a reason to keep using an old junker in the first place.

every thing theese days are made cheap and crap

Not so. Not by a LONG shot. There are TONS of very high quality components out there these days (FAR better than anything from the P3 era). From motherboards with solid polymer caps, various coolers with heatpipes, great PSUs like Seasonics, etc. Something like a million times better built than your old box thrown together from no-name parts, including a cheapo yamaha sound card (or is that the vortex one?), sitting on a low-budget mATX motherboard (GA-6WMM7) which is built from a low-cost i810 chipset, along with a video card from a budget series (the MX 4xx series) -- but even then that wasn't cheap enough, it had to be the SE version of it, and PCI too (which gets thoroughly slaughtered by any older GeForce 3 Ti, and is faster than a much older GeForce 2 Ti by something like 10%)... All cheap/budget/low-cost parts, and probably all worn out by now too (e.g. fans). Not exactly what I'd call quality, even for 10 years ago. It's like the computer equivalent of a Ford Pinto.

BTW, "lol" is not a replacement for punctuation.

Just like puntoMX said. You're always posting "xyz doesn't work on my box", yet you're stubborn on keeping using that old junker (along with the very worst OS ever devised, no less)

Guess what? There's people who paid lots more for even older systems (or newer), and yet they've all moved to modern systems. Except in your case, you could probably find computers that don't cost any money (as in free) that are vastly better than yours (I've seen TONS of systems discarded/thrown away that were MUCH nicer for sure). I fail to see why that would even be a reason to keep using an old junker in the first place.

every thing theese days are made cheap and crap

Not so. Not by a LONG shot. There are TONS of very high quality components out there these days (FAR better than anything from the P3 era). From motherboards with solid polymer caps, various coolers with heatpipes, great PSUs like Seasonics, etc. Something like a million times better built than your old box thrown together from no-name parts, including a cheapo yamaha sound card (or is that the vortex one?), sitting on a low-budget mATX motherboard (GA-6WMM7) which is built from a low-cost i810 chipset, along with a video card from a budget series (the MX 4xx series) -- but even then that wasn't cheap enough, it had to be the SE version of it, and PCI too (which gets thoroughly slaughtered by any older GeForce 3 Ti, and is faster than a much older GeForce 2 Ti by something like 10%)... All cheap/budget/low-cost parts, and probably all worn out by now too (e.g. fans). Not exactly what I'd call quality, even for 10 years ago. It's like the computer equivalent of a Ford Pinto.

BTW, "lol" is not a replacement for punctuation.

i dont need people saying my computer is crap and old all i need is help

if you cant help then dont write at all

i dont need people saying my computer is crap and old

The real problem here is, you seem to fail to understand the obvious -- the exact same stuff numerous people have also told you in your various related threads (and even on other forums), with little to no effect as usual. So in a way, I would call that help.

Also, everybody can post, it's a public forum. You don't get to pick and chose who replies or not, people decide of that by themselves. No need to get mouthy.

Edit: To sound less hostile (sorry), and add better content.

i don't need people saying my computer is crap and old all i need is help

if you cant help then don't write at all

Generally the people that say that your computer is crap are trying to offer up the best option you can have. I agree that this is the best course of action, however there are other things that you can do to try to fix your problems (of which i can only offer a little advice about as I'm not that much of a tech head :lol:.).

Here are the things i would suggest that you do.

1) Do a virus scan, make sure there's nothing sitting there screwing stuff up.

2) Check for programs running in the background. You may have a whole lot of crap running that doesnt need to be on (Things like Windows Live [MSN], Skype etc...).

3) Look at how much stuff you have on your PC as a whole. Is there a lot of things there (especially things that you dont use)? If so, formatting could help.

Those could all help, but i would still recommend upgrading, there's so much more that you can do with a new PC.

Good Luck.

Edited by 1nfamous

• 4 months later...

When i enter in gun metal the gmae with robots and airplanes

My pc gives me a error "Unsupported graphics card" can anyone tell me a game similar with gun metal

My pc is :

AMD sempron 2200+ , 1.5 Ghz

448 Mb Ram

64 mb video

Windows xp profesional service pack 2

AMD sempron 2200+ , 1.5 Ghz

448 Mb Ram

64 mb video

You need to add a graphics card to your computer, you are now using an older chipset with onboard video as they call it. Place a topic about your question in the hardware section; we will be able to help you out there to get the right AGP video card IF the motherboard has an AGP slot.