Revolutions Pack 9.7

Oooops, already Revolutions Pack 9.6.3!

'Align to Grid' continue to disappear after a moment.

The infotips are still working, but the properties tab (right-click) is broken
I can't reproduce that. Why it's RP9 related?
I can't be sure but never noticed it until now.

I will make a dowmgrade to try to confirm.

EDIT: After downgrade to version 9.1.0 and upgrade version by version until 9.6.3,

I never reproduced the bug with 9.1.0, and got it with all later versions.

But it is not always, not with all icons, and may disappear if I try twice...

Sorry, if it doesn't help so much. :}

Edited by CharlesF

Hi,

I found a bug in the latest version. It refers to K-meleon 1.54 favicons which slowly became black.

Similar problem one can find with K-meleon 1.6b4 favicons.

There was no such issue while RP9.1 was installed.

W98SE + RP9.63 + KEX4.5b2

Edited by supem

There seems to be a problem with using TCPView with RP9.6.3. I'm not sure how far back this problem has existed. Apparently it's been a while since I've used it. The display of Sysinternals TCPView is not visible with RP9 installed. It appears to be empty. The info is there. I can highlight lines and copy them to the clipboard where they can be read. So far, I can confirm the problem exists with TCPView version 2.34, 2.4, and 2.51. Haven't tried any newer versions. If I uninstall RP9, TCPView becomes readable. I've tried most of the fonts available in TCPView and changed the system font and screen resolution. No difference.

There seems to be a problem with using TCPView with RP9.6.3. ....... The display of Sysinternals TCPView is not visible with RP9 installed. It appears to be empty.

No problem here running TCPView v2.51 with RP9.6.3, the display is normal and fully readable with the default font on my 98SE2ME box. I cannot test it on my 98SE unit, which has the same versions installed of both programs as that is out on loan 'till the weekend.

HTH

I wasn't using RP when 9.1 was available. Don't have copy to try. I've got a few possibilities I can work thru. In the last month, I had to replace the monitor. Went from a standard size CRT to a 22" LCD flat screen, using a 1600X900 resolution. I'm quite surprised that 98 is working with it as well as it does, especially when XP won't give me near the selection of resolutions on the same hardware. Not having Internet Explorer might have something to do with it too, 98lite unit. It's possible that there's other updates that I've missed that would help too.

At last tried RP 9.6.3. Everything works great except minor bug with installation/uninstallation - when I have run setup (with RP 9.6.1 or 9.6 RC installed) the buttons with different actions (I think they are something like Uninstall, Upgrade, etc.) are with non-russian and non-english characters. I'm using russian Win98 and all other text in RP is in Russian and is displayed OK, except for these buttons. May be I lack some font with russian characters? Which font is used on these buttons?

Upd: My shutdown problem was not solved, but I think it's more KernelEx related than RP related.

Edited by M()zart

Revolutions Pack 9.6.3

http://tihiy.ahanix.org/RP9.exe

Fixed: broken scroll tracking.

Fixed: theoretical hangs on shutdown.

Fixed: shadows broken in 9.6.1.

Fixed: Polish translation.

Improved usage of GDI 32-bit heap: now it's much less likely to fill up with small bitmaps.

Hi Tihiy,

I would install your beautiful RP 9.6.3, but my antivirus program (Avira V7) detect the file SHL8.DLL as infected by the trojan 'TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen' (also for RP 9.6.1, the same file seems infected). Is a false positive or is a real infected file? I am a bit disoriented!

At the moment I will stick with RP 9.10. That's a very very good software for my Win98SE computer. Excuse me for my bad english.

Thank you for your great programming efforts and your wonderful software!

Goodby I41Mar.

my antivirus program (Avira V7) detect the file SHL8.DLL as infected by the trojan 'TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen'
Online malware scan shows that's Avira misbehavior.
There seems to be a problem with using TCPView with RP9.6.3
Yeah, it's very werid error and will be fixed.

Trebuchet MS.

I've checked my font, it seems OK. I don't think it will be OK to upload it here, so here go its properties:

Trebuc.TTF 65,100 04.11.1998 17:30 ----

Trebucbd.TTF 65,300 04.11.1998 17:30 ----

Trebucbi.TTF 65,296 04.11.1998 17:30 ----

Trebucit.TTF 71,320 04.11.1998 17:30 ----

Its description (first file) from Font TC plugin says:

Name : Trebuchet MS

Family : Trebuchet MS

Style : Regular

Identifier : Microsoft Trebuchet

PostScript Name : TrebuchetMS

PostScript CID :

Type : TrueType 1.66

Version 1.15

Supported Unicode Blocks

0x0000 - 0x00FF ANSI

0x0080 - 0x00FF Latin Supplement and C1 Controls

Supported Code Pages

1250 ANSI Latin 2 (Central Europe)

1252 ANSI Latin 1

1254 ANSI Turkish

In the sample box I can type russian characters and they are displayed OK. But the installer looks like the following.

And another question. Do I still have RP 9.6.1 or you just didn't change version number here (on the screens)? I installed 9.6.3 I think. Though may be I have chosen wrong button when upgrading it. :)

post-197074-127836356342_thumb.jpg

post-197074-127836356933_thumb.jpg

There is a problem with Age of Empires II Conquerors expansion pack (and obviously the original one). Looks like your new font smoothing doesn't play well with 256 color mode, as the game runs hell slow when there's a lot of text on screen. It would be awesome to have it disabled on certain screen modes or at least make it "disable-able" :P

It's anoying because the game slows down at menus and LAN play is horrible, the affected PC causes all other players to lag.

BTW I'm getting a lot of "Access Violation" boxes when using the wallpaper changer. If I choose to click on OK, it dissappears and the PC starts to lag till it freezes. I'm thinking it's KEx, *reinstalls*.