Revolutions Pack 9.7

Hi Tihiy,

I went backwards from the abomination ... (but stayed with the second version of dandee. :huh:)

When I reinstalled, I discovered all the nice things that are in the third and forth "rider" ("Reiter", don't know the English word = effects, misc) of RP 9. ... The more I am using ist there more I get impressed ;). I put my default system font to Tahoma and used nearly all of the options in the third "rider". But when I set the sub-option under "smooth edges of screen fonts" to "use clear type", I get the impression that (only) my font in the start menu goes to "bold", which I don't really like (nowhere else). ... Is there any means to avoid this ? (Tried everything in

"Display/Appearence").

Thanks again for this nice program.

Roger

Hi Dandee,

congratulations for the RP9 icons pack :thumbup .

I noticed that on the XP control panel icons missing the new icon of the mouse (the modules are from the 16-bit Win311 legacy???), also User.exe the icon are not transparent but has a black frame, which instead of in User.exe on VISTA pack does not happen :wacko: .

Again congratulations for their work and patience :hello: .

Bye.

Mcv'93

Edited by mcv93us

Hi group,

I solved the problem of icons not showing up in the Control Panel (Networking, System,

Add Hardware, Modems). I used an icon viewer which didn't show the correct resource IDs

in 16-bit modules. I recompiled the modules with the right IDs. Download the improved

pack at:

http://www.baut.nl/downloads/RP9-Icons.zip

The Mouse icon in main.cpl still refuses to show. This is strange because the Printers and

Fonts icons are in the same module, and they display properly.

The Mouse icon in main.cpl still refuses to show. This is strange because the Printers and

Fonts icons are in the same module, and they display properly.

I found it!!!

In the file maincp16.dll I found the Mouse icon (and keyboard) :whistle:

Bye.

Mcv'93

Tihiy?
That's a bug in main.cpl (all versions). You can't work it around, it has to be patched...

Or wait, i just was struck with idea! I'll provide a cpl which will mirror main.cpl, and main.cpl would be hidden from Control Panel.

Edited by Tihiy

:thumbup:blushing: Win98SE + RP9 + Kex 4.0rc2=True running smooth Operating Machines!;And,seems better than Win98ME,Win2KAdvSrv,XP Pro sp3,even my other Linux Systems<except-LighthousePup4.1.2rc2...of course(woof,woof)> *Wonder if 98SE will keep up with Linux;*"I Sure Hope It Does!" :whistle: Thanks for RP9 Updates as have '9' MoBo's up and smoothly running 'Great',even an Intel Celeron D @2.666ghz/533mhzfsb /1x256mb DDR2,with 98SE,Xp,Linux on same Hdd :rolleyes: Summer Fever Soon arrives! :hello:

I have a small problem, and I don't know if everyone experiences it the same as I do, but I can see it affecting everyone depending on machine speed....

In my last update to the current or latest version of RP9, I decided to load a whole lot of the backgrounds that I have for use on my system (I'm a corvette nut so I've got many different pics for background use). Anyhow... I loaded about 40 of them into RP9 so I could change them quickly when I decide I need a change... I selected 1.. and was good.. I have since decided that I would like to change the graphic background, and when I active the RPConfig program, it takes over 5 minutes (or more) to scan the pics and give me access to the configuration program.. my machine is only at 1GHz.... So I unloaded some of the pictures and the wait time was reduced... I added them back.. the wait time increased again.... I tried it with all bmp's.. the same.. with all jpg's the same..

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.. If you consider this a bug... or need more information let me know..

Greg

BrotherTank

Only yesterday I realized that the Kernel Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del) would warn about system stability. This is a nice feature. It said something like "Your system appears unstable. Please shutdown ...". As the "USER/GDI/SYS/RAM resource percentage lamps" did not turn red, I omitted the warning and continued using the computer. After a while, resource problem really appeared (various parts of explorer turned white). So I shutdowned the computer immediately before losing my work

I suggest RP9 to give such warning by displaying an icon at the system tray. Now we can only see the warning when pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del, but normally we would not always press Ctrl-Alt-Del unless we see the system is going to have problems

Also a suggestion for the Kernel Task Manager: Is it possible to combine the "task list" and "uptime / resource percentage lamps" into same page? (i.e. everything in 1 page) I usually need to view all these information. It is inconvenient to switch between two pages

Thank you

EDIT: I saw the "Your system appears unstable ..." warning again today after using Opera for a short while. I clicked the "Shutdown" button in the Kernel Task Manager as instructed (not the Shutdown in Start menu) and it magically closed all opened applications in a wink! I was not aware of this feature before. It is great!!!

Edited by slhk