Revolutions Pack 9.7

Ah, just installed this one and it now looks polished and is very stable besides. There are no rendering issues I can see under 32-bit mode and they all display perfect under an NVidia Card. Quite a fine piece of work Revolutions Pack is and has become. I look forward to any future development with this and will continue to monitor for any changes.

Huge thumbs up in your direction, Tihiy. :)

Edited by Chozo4

I see scrollbar jumping has not been fixed. That's the only thing really bothering me, the rest is relatively OK. Well, the installer and RPConfig still pop up between the two monitors but since they're both a one-time deal, it's not much of a bother.

Apologies if I sound harsh, got a terrible headache. :(

Eeh something is definitely wrong with kex/rp9, especially on Me.

RetroOS, what kernel32.dll version you have?

My kernel32.dll is version 4.10.0.2226

If it helps, krnl386.exe is version 4.10.0.2000

I'm running Windows 98SE with 98SE2ME (including Option 3) and all current 98SE updates.

Is it me or with 9.0.9a and later, Explorer lost its Always-on-top capability? I'm always getting maximized applications override the autohidden taskbar and custom toolbars, which is extremely annoying when trying to switch tasks or run other apps.

Anyone else could confirm?

Revolutions Pack 9.0.10 now can work with KernelEx 4

i am so sorry

http://tihiy.ahanix.org/RP9.exe

This release contains no functional changes. However, it resolves the issue with KernelEx/RP9 crashing on Windows ME / 98SE2ME system.

It turns that KernelEx has bug with handling shared libraries base addresses conflict and so my libraries had to be rebased.

It was simple but so annoying! I'm terribly sorry.

Windows ME users are required to install two system updates (if not already) to fix issues with skinning:

http://tihiy.ahanix.org/RPUpdates.html

I decided to check RP thoroughly and upgraded RP9 v.4 installed on next 98SE . I opened Word 2000 document and after a while part of a header became coloured rectangle. To my surprise the printed document was OK what I checked twice.

I was to unistall RP9.010 but it was easier to switch off ClearType to fix that problem ay least at that moment.

post-188815-1239995851_thumb.png

Tihiy, do you (still) have AutoHotkey installed or at hand? Could you please perform a test for me? Run the following AHK script and see if it displays 2 icons. I have problems on my system trying to extract icons with resource numbers 133 to 172 from shell32.dll; extracting from other libraries (such as moricons.dll) seems to work.

I have no idea whose fault can be. :unsure:

Gui, Add, Groupbox, x5 y5 w79 h56, Shell icons
Gui, Add, Picture, x10 y20 Icon133, shell32.dll
Gui, Add, Picture, x+5 yp Icon28, shell32.dll
Gui, Show, w89
return

GuiClose:
ExitApp

For what is worth, my shell32.dll is the original one that came on the CD (4.72.3612.1700), unmodified in any way.

I have problems on my system trying to extract icons with resource numbers 133 to 172 from shell32.dll; extracting from other libraries (such as moricons.dll) seems to work.
Seems that AHK extracts icon number, not ordinal. I.e. continuous numbers and -133 will be 52. RP9 doesn't alter that.

...This release contains no functional changes. However, it resolves the issue with KernelEx/RP9 crashing on Windows ME / 98SE2ME system...

Yes it does! :w00t:

I delayed posting results until I had thrashed out Windows 98SE+98SE2ME+Me Explorer/Shell/UI with both RP 9.0.10 refresh and KEx 4.0.12 (RC2).

I've been running since a couple of hours after the 9.0.10 refresh was posted.

I loaded and rendered many Blender 3D models, played around with some Blender 3D games, ran Firefox 3.0.8, and many other apps including XP only ones.

I was actually surprised at how long 98SE ran before finally, after many hours, crashing because I exhausted the USER resources!

RP9 (and KEx4) Rock!

And... Tihiy, you ROCK too! :thumbup

Thanks so much for this latest fix!

Now I'm cooking with gas!

Happy camper! :D

Seems that AHK extracts icon number, not ordinal. I.e. continuous numbers and -133 will be 52. RP9 doesn't alter that.

Oh, didn't cross my mind it could do that. Thank you for the heads up and sorry for the off-topic. :blushing:

BTW, I believe the always-on-top issue was caused by one of my scripts, so false alarm on that one too.

I've yet to check if Nero still crashes the GDI when clicking that button, but it might take a few days. Except for scrollbars and Clear Type always reenabling itself although not installed (old reported RPConfig issue), everything else is OK. :thumbup

Hi Tihiy,

I know my message comes late, but RP9 is really phantastic. I had a problem to do to 32 size icons with free launch bar, which I like a lot but finally managed to resolve the problem. And I am trying now since one week ! Cristal clear images !

A very smooth moving though my 10 year old computer ! (I also throw out my anti-virus, which took me 120 MB or more of my 319 MB RAM).

Really a great, great job Tihiy.

Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roger

Revolutions Pack 9.1.0 RTM

this version cleans my bug list (as if)

http://tihiy.ahanix.org/RP9.exe

- Minor changs&fixes in RPConfig;

- Added IE6 warning in RPSetup; added updated user&gdi requirements;

- Fixed minor icon loader bugs;

- Tray is forced to 32-bit icons;

- [Finally resolved] pink corners;

- [Finally resolved] scrollbar tracking.

This should count as release version. Please confirm fixed bugs (or tactfully report them).

If nicotine won't kill me, expect guide [and maybe a bit decent site] soon.

I'll try to be as bluntless as possible: the scrollbar issue is almost fixed. :)

In detail: the huge jump down is gone. :thumbup However, the thumb still jumps up or down a pixel or two when it's not at the very top and gets clicked. What I noticed is that this jump is directly related to the window height and there is a certain size/ratio where the jump dissapears completely.

Nevertheless, it's extremely minor and completely harmless so unless someone else reports bigger issues, this one can count as solved. ;)

Other than that:

- ClearType sticks to enabled [fixed]

- Installer and RPConfig appear between monitors [fixed]

Dunno about the rest, since my theme is pink/magenta anyway and my CRT monitors & bad eyesight don't make much difference between 32bit icons and lower. :blushing:

All in all, this appears as a solid release (knock on wood). :thumbup

Tihiy, you rock! :thumbup Thanks a lot for RP 9.1.0 RTM!

Now, since you actually asked for bug reports...

I can live with it, but, I regret to have to say it, the Tray still flickers (issue reported here by me and by Whatever420, at the time of RP 9.0.4).

I'm using an as barebones as possible configuration (just Uberhack.exe, RP8.dll and SHL8.dll). Under [Effects], I have just "Use Windows Animations", "Show Windows Contents while Dragging" and "Smooth Edges of Screen Fonts" ticked, and under [Misc] only the "Replace System Font with Tahoma" is ticked. And KTM8.DLL was renamed to KTM8.RP9, in order to disable it. And yes, my video card is a nVidia GeForce2 MX400. I do think this issue is related to this video card.

BTW, I repeat my earlier, still unanswered, question:

KTM8 reports USER, GDI and SYS resources. However, AFAIK, the free SYSTEM resources ought to be equal to the lesser value between USER and GDI. Since what I see (I see SYS > either USER or GDI) makes no sense with the above definition, what does SYS in ktm8 represent?

Edited by dencorso

An RTM! Nice! :)

Everything is operationally okay.

I do have a really small cosmetic issue.

In Display Properties, Effects, the Desktop icons box is not using alpha masking...

I'm using a nVidia GeForce FX 5500.

No big deal.

Keep up the good work!