Revolutions Pack 9.7

I inteded the theme to be XP only so therefore I never allowed ports to different OS's. Ports could break the way I had designed the theme. It's true that I had given it away for free but that's not a reason to take someone's hard work and put it into an app in which it's re-distributed without the designer's consent. Also, I had 'licensed' the visual styles to a company who would use it in their own software (TuneUp Utilities). Licensed as in; getting a thank you 'payment' for letting them use the theme as the theme wasn't made for them. So this RP9 could've hurt that agreement I had with TuneUp Utilities. Though apparently they've never used any of the styles in any of their software. And the person who was taking care of that left the company so that project got halted.

There's also the download counter on deviantART that has to be taken into account. This counter shows me how many times the theme has been download and thus shows me it's still being used and whatnot. These downloads/views count towards a Daily View 'reward' on deviantART where it gets some sort of special treatment over other deviations to boost the views and downloads in my gallery.

Asking me would also have beneficial if I had given permission to port the theme at the time. I could've helped with the files and could've given source files if this was necessary.

Again, I'm not trying to be an a** and going to say that I want the theme to be removed. So I hereby give you guys permission to re-distribute the visual style in question with Revolutions Pack 9.

As a long-time Revolutions Pack user, I thank you for your kindness, Gelosea! :thumbup

If possible, I would dare to ask dencorso to add mention of your agreement and a link to your deviantArt page in the first post of this thread, so anyone interested could browse your work, possibly helping in keeping your views counter up. ;)

I love the revolutions pack too, Its awsome. I agree most people like to be asked if someone can use thier work, most cases they will its just a curtisey thing.

Your skins are great though, very good work. And someone had already mentioned this but there is more themes on the RP website too.

P.S --- Some people have put reviews of the win9x family on youtube, Most of them said the win9x was dead or outdated, I cleared this up though. We may get some new members cause I had mentioned MSFN and the great programs here. Who knows maybe if enough people join it would speed things up. The more the merrier. :)

So I hereby give you guys permission to re-distribute the visual style in question with Revolutions Pack 9.

I'm sure all the community joins me in telling you your kind grant is deeply appreciated. You have our wholehearted gratitude.

If possible, I would dare to ask dencorso to add mention of your agreement and a link to your deviantArt page in the first post of this thread, so anyone interested could browse your work, possibly helping in keeping your views counter up. ;)

Great! :thumbup

Done.

Well, I've just installed RP 9.7.2 on two W98SE machines (mainly to improve GDI management). First, installing the RP Update package (this process reports that I am trying to substitute 'gdiplus.dll' with an older version, so I click the button to keep the existing DLL), then RP itself. I just install the base package, not skins, etc.

However there is a small, but annoying problem/bug. The divider between the three areas of the taskbar disappears after installing RP, so if I want to add something new to the quick-launch area, the new icon (also the existing right-most icon) become hidden. Can this be fixed?

Joe.

I've had a similar problem with toolbars. The dividers between several toolbars disappear if I lock the taskbar but don't reappear when I unlock it.

post-118612-0-81522700-1325948876_thumb.

For me, the work-around has been to unlock the taskbar, delete the toolbars, then put them back. When I add them back, the dividers and menu entries are there again. I always assumed it was due to my stripping out Internet Explorer, but since I don't lock the taskbar, it hasn't been an issue.

I want to thank everyone here who worked hard on all these projects. I know my computer has had a complete turn around compared to when I was on Xp. For the most part I mean playing games on 98 cause its great. I have never gotten such good FPS out of my fav. games. I'm very impressed now, I didnt think my pc was that good thanks guys :thumbup

Edited by mrsk565

However there is a small, but annoying problem/bug. The divider between the three areas of the taskbar disappears after installing RP, so if I want to add something new to the quick-launch area, the new icon (also the existing right-most icon) become hidden. Can this be fixed?

I'm glad someone brought this up. I like having the taskbar dividers, etc like they're supposed to be originally. This is my main gripe with RP and the main reason I don't use it. I don't want to change the look of my 98 system, but I know dencorso and others recommend installing it to improve resource management.

I've had a similar problem with toolbars. The dividers between several toolbars disappear if I lock the taskbar but don't reappear when I unlock it.

post-118612-0-81522700-1325948876_thumb.

For me, the work-around has been to unlock the taskbar, delete the toolbars, then put them back. When I add them back, the dividers and menu entries are there again. I always assumed it was due to my stripping out Internet Explorer, but since I don't lock the taskbar, it hasn't been an issue.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Well, this work-around sort of works. Sort of. However, now the Quick Launch icons are on the right side, with the divider to their left. At least now I can adjust the size of the Quick Launch area so that the icons fit.

Strange to get this effect from RP when I specifically didn't select the skinning option during install. I'd consider this a bug.

Joe.

I'd like to add my thanks to Gelosea too.

I installed the whole package, ignoring the IE6 recommended prompt. Originally I didn't plan on changing the appearance. Installed it mainly for improved resource handling. I doubt this unit could run a Tor exit node without RP9. I did like the black mesa theme but found that using any theme made some items unresponsive. The Tor traffic graph for instance stops moving. Without building an unstripped default system on the same hardware, I can't determine if it's a bug or the result of my stripping IE and more out of the system. I didn't report it as I figured Tihiy had enough to do without having to account for systems as altered as this one, especially when my changes may have caused the problem.

Subject matter: Icon creation for RP

HI all, haven't been here in awhile. I love RP, however, some of the icons don't look or work well when switched to 8 bpp icons (256-color), especially the ones for Vista. It's all scratchy and pixelly because of the color translation. I would like to know how to create 8-bpp optimized icons and then put them into a DLL, such as one required for RP. The first part I pretty much know how to do, the latter (DLLs), I don't know how. Well unless someone here has already developed 8 bpp icons that look better than the ones packed stock in RP? Or maybe there's something I'm overlooking?

I require this because a couple of my old videocard and monitor combinations can only run in 256-color at the higher resolutions, such as 1280x1024 (and the lcd monitors' native resolution is the same). Thanks.

Edited by technoid