Revolutions Pack 9.7

- Updating icons to XP/Vista-style, only "My Documents"-icon will be updated, but "My Computer" and "Network Area" icons will stay old. I guess this doesn't happen with English version of Win98. (I have Finnish-version.) (Of course they can be manually updated, but of course the program should update them all automatically after changing.)

Copy below text into a file and execute it. Then change themes to refresh.

REGEDIT4

; Alle computers in het netwerk weergeven

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\CLASSES\CLSID\{208D2C60-3AEA-1069-A2D7-08002B30309D}\ DefaultIcon]

@="C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM\\shell32.dll,17"

; De inhoud van uw computer weergeven

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\CLASSES\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\ DefaultIcon]

@="explorer.exe,0"

Hi, Dandee,

That fixed the problem. Thanks. :)

Hi t6ti00,

if this bug is still boring you, look for the keys:

• For 'Network Area':
    HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Classes\CLSID\{208D2C60-3AEA-1069-A2D7-08002B30309D}
  • For 'My Computer':
    HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Classes\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}
  • For 'My Docs':
    HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Classes\CLSID\{450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-0800361B1103}
  • For 'Recycle Bin':
    HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Classes\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}

They are overwriting RPConfig settings.

If you find them, you will have to delete them (Backup FIRST!) or at least the related key:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Classes\CLSID\{ ... }\DefaultIcon

HTH :)

Thanks for your ideas, too.

@ t6ti00:

our tricks are almost the same.

You should try to delete the keys (after backup) because you are not suppose to specify a value if it is the Windows default value.

Those regsitry keys are usually used to indicate a different value for system icons.

If it is not working, do a right-click on desktop -> Properties -> Effect tab (or 'Plus! tab' ?) -> click 'Default Icon' for each one you want.

HTH :)

Charles.

I wanted to report a probable problem/bug in Revolutions Pack. I'm currently running RP 9.7.0 on my old Win98 SE Toshiba laptop and the system is extremely stable. However, yesterday I suddenly started experiencing multiple spontaneous BSoDs immediately after a single beep from the system. These BSoDs would occur at random times not associated with any particular action or software (one BSOD occurred with the system totally inactive) and they were all exactly the same:

Fatal exception 0D at 052C:00000218

The only system change I made shortly before these BSoDs was to change the display resolution from 16 bit (High Color) to 32 bit (True Color). I had set the default resolution to 32 bit a long time ago and was surprised to see that it had somehow changed to 16 bit. These BSoDs rendered the system almost useless. After running a battery of hardware tests on the system RAM, CPU, and HDD (all of which passed with flying colors), I changed the display resolution back to 16 bit and so far the system has been stable again with no BSoDs. *knock on wood* I strongly suspect there is some issue associated with RP 9.7.0 and the display resolutions. Does RP 9.7.0 have to run only in 16 bit mode? I also got these BSoDs in 24 bit display resolution while trying to troubleshoot the problem. Thanks for any info or advice.

BTW, my laptop display adapter is ATI Rage Mobility AGP.

Tihiy, would you please consider looking into LDT garbage collecting, or some form of LDT salvation, please? :angel

I've been looking into things like this too often for confort, of late:

Well red circles are frustrating but that's how it is.

Windows has LDT cleanup (not really effective though) which is triggered when system is out of segments starting a program. RP calls that cleanup when LDT is lower than 20%.

Edited by Tihiy

Bug report: After installing v. 9.7.1 icons are no longer skinned.

Setup : Win98 FE, IE6

Now russian IPs seems unbanned i can finally answer. What kernel32.dll do you have? If that is 4.10.1998, can you update it to newer one like Q320798?

What kernel32.dll do you have? If that is 4.10.1998, can you update it to newer one like Q320798?

Preferably not. The Q320798 update seems to be for SE systems, and fixes problems with Korean web pages.

I have First Edition, no KernelEx, kernel32 version 4.10.1998. It is my development system, I'd like to keep it as original as possible.

Strange though, the problem wasn't there before.

The Q320798 update seems to be for SE systems
It's for FE too. And other (previous) fixes are there too ofc.
I'd like to keep it as original as possible.
And you install RP9 huh.
Strange though, the problem wasn't there before.
Yes, i've underlooked this. RP9 requires unbinding apps and libraries from system libraries. That's why installer patches gdi32, user32 timestamps; now it's gonna be kernel32 or shell32 too. This may be changed to more clever tricks but now it's how it is. Edited by Tihiy