Revolutions Pack 9.7

I'm sorry....

I just restarted my machine, and it works... The reg-tweak did its job.

This is the order:

1) Set 32bit-icons in RP9

2) apply: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics\Shell Icon BPP: "32"

(since it becomes "16" after "1)" )

3) ...RESTART...

Thats it!!!

Couldn't you place a notice at the first, sticky topic?? Since I'm not the only one, and in the past I had to solve this problem, by some wired installing and uninstalling of RP9 and my graphics-drivers...

Yet it's so easy if one knows what to do...

Greets Flipp

2) apply: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics\Shell Icon BPP: "32"

This shouldn't ever be required with RP9.5 and later. Which Windows/RP version do you have? Edited by Tihiy

This shouldn't ever be required with RP9.5 and later. Which Windows/RP version do you have?

It's a win98se "4.10.2222" with KEX (RC3), "win98 sp3" and other stuff from mdgx like "auto-patcher". And RP is version 9.6.6! I use the unofficial nv8269 graphics-driver. Anything else??

• 3 weeks later...

This is the order:

3) ...RESTART...

Yes, i finally got 32 bit icons working following these steps. Thank you.

For Tihiy if he wishes to investigate:

Windows 98 SE

KernelEX 4.5 RC4

Revolutions Pack 9.6.5

Nvidia Detonator 45.23

drwatson_snapshot.zip

Edited by rustweaver

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tihiy, I found a bug in RP9 ( :whistle: ), hopefully you can fix it ( :thumbup ).

I am getting a systematic crash on my Windows ME/IE6 system with the context menu plugin of Akelpad when RP9 is installed.

To reproduce, grab the Akelpad application and plugin pack, unpack the plugs in the plugin directory and enable the ContextMenu:Main in the plugins options and restart the app. You'll now have two new items on the menu bar, favorites and plugins, as well as an extended context menu in the main window. The two new menu items can be clicked on and displayed but as soon as I move the mouse over to try to select something the application crashes and same goes with the context menu in the main window if there is a file opened.

PS: Latest RP9 and KernelEx removed for doing the testing as to make sure it has nothing to do with it.

:hello:

I'm sorry....

I just restarted my machine, and it works... The reg-tweak did its job.

This is the order:

3) ...RESTART...

Thats it!!!

Do NOT try this with old Intel graphics chipsets (such as Intel 810/815). These old and crappy Intel video cards DO NOT SUPPORT 32bit COLOR. Some of my old computers use these lame Intel graphics chipsets and can't handle 32bit color icons and 32bit color schemes!

Only Intel 830m, 845g and higher graphics chipsets can properly handle 32bit color.

Note: If your computer uses either Intel 82810 or Intel 82815 graphics chips, you'll need to install a video card that can handle 32bit color.

Edited by erpdude8

• 2 weeks later...