Revolutions Pack 9.7

In Task Manager shows wrong diacritic in the Czech language
That sucks. The only way to fix it is by sending me unicode .rc files. Use Notepad on Czech NT(XP) system (or some editor on 9x which handles Unicode) to open extracted (with ResHacker, not Restorator) .rc scripts and save them in Unicode encoding. Also translate shl8.dll plz. Edited by Tihiy

In Task Manager shows wrong diacritic in the Czech language
That sucks. The only way to fix it is by sending me unicode .rc files. Use Notepad on Czech NT(XP) system (or some editor on 9x which handles Unicode) to open extracted (with ResHacker, not Restorator) .rc scripts and save them in Unicode encoding. Also translate shl8.dll plz.

The file was repaired RP8.dll Czech

Download file here

Tihiy,

Would it be possible for you to use the full version number for the file name instead of RP9.exe? It would make it easier to keep tract of which one is which. Would it be asking too much to keep the previous version available (9.6.3 in this case) until the latest version is found to be problem free? It would be appreciated.

The version number is on the properties tab of the RP8.dll.

Also, I'd like it if some of the uberskin themes are updated. dlb (Crystal), marxo (Ubuntu), where are you guys???

Indeed, Tihiy's site appears to be down. :( If it doesn't come back stable, soon, could anyone please PM me an alternative download link (or an attachment, if the board allows the size) for v9.6.5 or whatever may be the latest at the time? It might take me more than a week to get back here and I won't have much time on my hands. Thank you.

@ Tihiy: As mentioned, I haven't had a chance to test v9.6.5, but with 9.6.3 the horizontal scrollbar went far right when clicked, in an "Open" dialog. Vertical scrollbar seems to behave correctly, Metapad included.

I finally bit the bullet and installed Revolutions Pack 9.6.5 but unfortunately had to uninstall it after a short period of testing. Initially it seemed to work fine with the only noticeable bug being the Power Meter (battery properties) system tray icon almost completely vanishing on my laptop. I could live with that, but then I eventually noticed that the "grips" or "handles" in the Windows taskbar were missing and thus I could no longer slide them to manually expand taskbar buttons after they became compressed during use (by opening numerous taskbar buttons). That was a showstopper for me, and I also started noticing corruption in the lower window borders of my text editor windows (I use the TheGUN text editor as a replacement for Notepad).

I appreciate all the hard work that's obviously gone into its development but I don't think I'll be installing RP again until these issues are resolved (especially the lack of taskbar "grips"). Thanks for all your effort and support!

Edited by Prozactive

the lack of taskbar "grips"
You should right-click taskbar - > uncheck Lock Taskbar. Also, ensure you have IE6.
I also started noticing corruption in the lower window borders of my text editor windows
I would like a screenshot of that. Edited by Tihiy

Thanks for the blazing quick reply, Tihiy! Hm I'll reinstall RP 9.6.5 and try to get a screenshot of the corrupted text editor windows when it recurs. As I recall, it was like the entire lower border was missing. Also, I do have IE 6 installed and I'll try unlocking the taskbar even though the grips/handles are normally present with my default "Always on top" configuration. I'll report back ASAP.

Also, I'd like it if some of the uberskin themes are updated. dlb (Crystal), marxo (Ubuntu), where are you guys???

Hi,

it's not so hard to do it yourself!

For Crystal dlb Blue, open the file 'TASKBANDBUTTON.bmp' in Paint (for instance) and save it in 24-Bit (it is in 256 colors) and you will get back transparency.

For Ubuntu Human, you delete all the part [scrollArrows] in the 'skin.ini'.

HTH! :D

@ Tihiy: Revolutions Pack 9.6.5 is very stable here, running fine. :thumbup

The only point annoying me is that sometimes there is no automatic display refreshing (F5),

and I see a file on the desktop (for instance) that is already deleted or displaced!

I can even select it to try to (re)delete or (re)displace it (when I think that it was not done) :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Tihiy. Unlocking the taskbar solved the "grips" problem. I have not been able to duplicate the corrupted text editor window borders issue and it appears to be a freak one-time event. If it happens again I'll get a screenshot and report back. The Power Meter (battery properties) system tray icon is still invisible but it doesn't bother me much. About the only remaining problem I've noticed so far is the Recycle Bin icons behavior. They do not properly show the Recycle Bin status (full or empty) on a consistent basis, generally tending to show it as full when it actually is empty, although the reverse has been true occasionally. Is there some way to fix this?