Revolutions Pack 9.7

Got a 'The system is dangerously low in resources!', while browsing Boot-Land, folowed by immediate all round GDI breakdown, less than a minute after the system was up again. The system didn't crash, though, and after some 3 or 4 minutes all GDI related things (title bars, fonts and icons) were recovered to normalcy. I opened another IE6 window and came to MSFN, and the GDI resources went down again, but not as far as before.
I don't understand what are you stating. There is GDI leak in RP? GDI resources aren't cleaned properly? You received out of resources message when you were out of resources?
Plus, the tray still flickers...
I have problems with the taskbar
You want stable release delayed to fix dreaded Win98 shell problems? Fine.

I don't understand what are you stating. There is GDI leak in RP? GDI resources aren't cleaned properly? You received out of resources message when you were out of resources?

Boot-Land is not heavy on GDI resources. MSFN is just a little more. Neither ever gave me any grief with RP 9.1.0

So I was surprised. I recieved the message when I actually was out of GDI resources. But I shouldn't actually *be* out of GDI resources at that point. So, maybe RP 9.6.0 does have a leak. But more probably the resources are just being cleaned properly but too slowly, since the system recovered both times, instead of crashing catastrophically.

Were your production machine(s) infected?
This stuff has infected pretty much 90% of Delphi installations. I've seen it on all my production machines. They were all sanitized; this one was probably infected from some old distro. You can read more on the web.

Hi,

I fired ClamSentinel (it's a pity, because it was a very lightwight Online Virus Scanner, ... but it's DELPHI).

No problems anymore :-) (... so far ;-) !

Roger

Did y'all remove the MDGx GDI fix from your computers?

Tihiy states in his post that it's not needed anymore.

No. I did not, nor ever will. It may be unnecessary for RP9.6, but that doesn't make them obsolete. They are needed for the best possible functioning of 9x/ME, so you're misinterpreting Tihiy. Your reading of Tihiy's statement is sheer bad advice. What he said was, if you don't have them, it's still OK to add RP9.6. He did not, and wouldn't, tell anyone to actually remove them.

Were your production machine(s) infected?
This stuff has infected pretty much 90% of Delphi installations. I've seen it on all my production machines. They were all sanitized; this one was probably infected from some old distro. You can read more on the web.

Hi,

I fired ClamSentinel (it's a pity, because it was a very lightwight Online Virus Scanner, ... but it's DELPHI).

No problems anymore :-) (... so far ;-) !

Roger

Erm, it's Delphi compiler installations that get modified, not any Delphi program. Rather, to clarify, Win32/Induc doesn't infect already made Delphi executables, it modifies an include file in the Delphi compiler so any projects built with the compiler have Win32/Induc inside them (and so can spread and infect other Delphi compiler installations).

If you didn't have a Delphi compiler on your computer, Win32/Induc had zero effect on you. Getting rid of ClamSentinel therefore made no sense.

Queue

P.S. - At the 4 day uptime mark, I had to restart my Explroer shell, but still haven't had to restart Windows entirely yet.

Edited by Queue

All-important note:To have proper ClearType font display, you have to update font files (ttf). The newer, the better (good if you can take them from Windows XP or newer). System fonts like Tahoma are particularly affected. :}

Edited by Tihiy

DropShadowProblem.png

Small problem with transparent desktop icon labels + dropshadows. When the icon is selected and then I clock some empty space, only the part that is normally seen gets the dropshadow, all else which is usually hidden remains normal text.

Also, most of the black icons are gone in Miranda IM, only one left so far is the icon on the menu (which was OK before). Last update of Miranda also chanced lot of icons and that fixed black problem even further.

I am häppy :D

Tihiy I look like a moron when I talk with you, cause I dont talk your lenguish, but I can understand all you say, now today firefox asvertice over firefox in iphone, because I live in the end of the world, little can do, what realy is this? despite this would be, you and Xeno86 are the greatest!

Tihiy I look like a moron when I talk with you, cause I dont talk your lenguish, but I can understand all you say, now today firefox asvertice over firefox in iphone, because I live in the end of the world, little can do, what realy is this? despite this would be, you and Xeno86 are the greatest!

Don't know what it is - perhaps the story of phenix (from Egypt) ... but YES !

Windows 98 SE USP 2.1 PL

Revolution pack: 9.6.0

KernelEX 4.5 Beta 2

The polish language translation is fine with just one exception. All the polish characters in the "Close Program" window are replaced with "_".