Revolutions Pack 9.7

you cant just replace the logo.sys you need WLL as well because this was how Tihiy was able to achieve a better looking loading screen

OK, assuming that one has a previous install of Windows with RP 6 lying about, perhaps backed up via backup9x.bat, then one grabs the command.com and io.sys files from it, putting both in c:\ and also the former in c:\windows\, and one grabs logo.sys, wll.com and scandisk.alt files, putting them in c:\windows\. Then it works a treat.

Edited by cure

you cant just replace the logo.sys you need WLL as well because this was how Tihiy was able to achieve a better looking loading screen

OK, assuming that one has a previous install of Windows with RP 6 lying about, perhaps backed up via backup9x.bat, then one grabs the command.com and io.sys files from it, putting both in c:\ and also the former in c:\windows\, and one grabs logo.sys and wll.com, putting them in c:\windows\. Then it works like a treat.

Edit: well, not entirely, as there is a problem with scandisk when restarting after a crash.

Personally I used TweakUI 1.33 (the Boot tab) to disable DOS Scandisk's autorun. If required, I always run the Windows version of it. This would take care of the WLL issue but there would still be minor similar issues after (un)installations or system updates.

There's also a topic I opened some time ago where some of us tried to fix/improve Tihiy's original WLL but we never got to a final, stable version and unfortunately development stalled; links most likely expired too but I still have last versions somewhere around if needed - might take some time to post new links due to my very limited access to the web lately.

Hi Tihiy,

RP9 is fantastic. :thumbup Great work!

I have a question:

when I do the Ctrl+Alt+Del, I find often the message in "System Information":

"System appears unstable. Press ''Shutdown'' to quickly..."

System resources seems to be OK.

What am I suppose to do to improve this? :rolleyes::}

This warning can disappear by itself after a while.

BTW, if I can suggest some features:

* I definitely agree with slhk [in Post #240] that getting an alarm (in the systray) about resources would be very useful, :yes:

and that a unique board with KTM is more friendly.

* Now, that we can customize all our OS from inside RPConfig, the main skin-tweak missing is the change of Cursors. Why not a new tab for them?

* What else? RP9 is amazing! :D

Charles.

@ Dandee:

Hi Dandee, :hello:

RP9 Icon Pack is a nice work :) ,

but Uninstall (and way back) is not clean at all with the SystemIcons.reg!

I had to delete manually the folder C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\IconSkan (and his content), besides the file C:\SystemIcons.reg

and to restore the whole folder C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Icons from the original RP9.exe.

@ Dandee:

Hi Dandee, :hello:

RP9 Icon Pack is a nice work :) ,

Thanks!

but Uninstall (and way back) is not clean at all with the SystemIcons.reg!

I had to delete manually the folder C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\IconSkan (and his content), besides the file C:\SystemIcons.reg

and to restore the whole folder C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Icons from the original RP9.exe.

Ah, yes, the .reg file only resets the registry. The .image files are not deleted.

They will be deleted by the RP9 uninstaller, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Clear Type option badly messes up the spacing in the last two lines of WordPerfect's Grammatik writing tool in versions X3, 12 and 10 and probably others too.

I also suspect, but cannot prove it yet, that if Word Perfect is installed after RP9 then its spell checker will be irresoluably screwed up, again in the above versions and proably others. Installing WordPerfect first seems to avoid this trouble.

Edited by cure

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
RP9 is prefect tools to skin up Windows 98. It transform my Win98 into WinXP but with "ugly" classic start menu and I just wonder is there any Windows XP start menu out there?

Try this: http://rp9.win98.nl/ObjectBar160_public.exe

It's nice, but there's no Vista theme...

Hmmm.... I think we're talking about freeware here right?

Hmmm.... I think we're talking about freeware here right?

Nah, it's commercial software. But we're the only customers left! Anyway, it's kind

of bloated. Maybe Tihiy will suprise us in the near future...