Revolutions Pack 9.7

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Minor but nasty bug related with Ati graphic...

I use Media Player classic to play DVDs. Also PowerDVD's Mpeg2 hardware accelerated codec CLVSD.AX which is used to decompress mpeg2 thought ATI GPU. Its the best way of MPEG2 decompression as long i know.

When using RP9 and fullscreen it may corrupt image during image resizing. I have to test which feature of RP9 is causing this. Same error may occur in other apps...

Any idea for now?

i'm having a problem. when i try to install it, it says that i need some programs or whatever to install so i did that and i installed the programs i needed to but it says i need USER update and GDI update still and i cant find them. i downloaded GDI+ but it still says that. can someone help me out?

Edited by TimSimm2

The Czech portal www.sosej.cz offers the download of Revolutions pack 9. it was downloaded more than 2000 times in czech and slovak region (around 16 milion citizens in both countries).

http://www.sosej.cz/Windows-98-Revolutions-Pack.html

here is the link.

This may encourage you to continue in your work :). Also i noticed that on many portals are old versions of Revolutions pack. I found even version Four. maybe it will be useful to inform about newer versions.

Revolutions Pack 7 is what originally led me to wind up on MSFN. I was looking for a way to lock my taskbar in 98SE and RP7 seemed to be the only way to do that but it looked suspicious (no offense, but the websites that were offering it for download that I was stumbling into were questionable). When I landed here and UberSkin was hot off the presses it was everything I'd ever hoped for.

Queue

• 3 weeks later...
i'm having a problem. when i try to install it, it says that i need some programs or whatever to install so i did that and i installed the programs i needed to but it says i need USER update and GDI update still and i cant find them. i downloaded GDI+ but it still says that. can someone help me out?

I had the same problem too, but solved it.

What you need that's not GDI+, but GDI update. There are links to all required updates on this page: http://tihiy.ahanix.org/RPUpdates.html

You need the last link on the page, it goes here http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotf...px?kbnum=289635

Though this update is not available for all language. As for me, I installed this update with MDCU pack (you search this forum about it).

PS: It is strange that nobody replied before me. Is anybody still reading this forum? The activity here lowered last month.

is there anyway to have the "RPConfig.exe" show the cursors and sound schemes also? or maybe save a theme complete with skin/wall/icons/cursors and sounds?

it would be nice to have these added along with maybe a wallpaperchanger that can be saved with each theme then it would be alot like the one in windows 7 with all options.

just my thoughts.

hello. i'm having problems. after downloading everything it said i needed gdi still so i downloaded that and now when i try to install it, it says 'The file Q918457 was not found' can anyone let me know how to fix this please?

hello. i'm having problems. after downloading everything it said i needed gdi still so i downloaded that and now when i try to install it, it says 'The file Q918457 was not found' can anyone let me know how to fix this please?
The Q918457 is a patch/update for your software. It looks like RP9 has found something on your system that needs updating for it to run properly. There are 2 solutions:

1: Using Windows Update - have it download and install all the updates for your system.

2: Grab the 98 SE SP 3.0 BETA 4 from that thread, and run it. This will also install all available upgrades for your system.

Either way, the solution depends on which you feel the most comfortable with (some people don't like using 'Windows Update')

Greg

BrotherTank