Revolutions Pack 9.7

I decided to load a whole lot of the backgrounds that I have for use on my system
That's right, RPConfig is not photo gallery manager. It will seriously slow down after 10-20 wallpapers, especially high resolution ones; speed depends more on hard disk, not CPU. I'm considering fixing this, but not that much... :ph34r:
I suggest RP9 to give such warning by displaying an icon at the system tray.
That's nice suggestion.
Is it possible to combine the "task list" and "uptime / resource percentage lamps" into same page? (i.e. everything in 1 page)
Also nice, but i don't imagine a good mockup.

That's nice suggestion.

Maybe just an exclamation (!) icon with tooltip text of "System appears unstable". Click it to display the Kernel Task Manager. Right click to display a shortcut menu with options to "Close all applications", "Reboot" and "Shutdown"

Is it possible to combine the "task list" and "uptime / resource percentage lamps" into same page? (i.e. everything in 1 page)

Please see my mockup:

mockup.png

Edited by slhk

Hello everybody

2 days ago I installed RP9 and I really loved the new look of the icons.

But when i tried to change the theme nothing happened and RPConfig hung up.

At first I thought that something was wrong but then I remembered I had the same problem with ScanDisc.

The reason was my firewall : Sygate Personal Firewall 5.6.

After turning the firewall off everything worked just perfectly and I really love the new look and feel of my system.

So thank you very much Tihiy for your great work.

That's nice suggestion.

Maybe just an exclamation (!) icon with tooltip text of "System appears unstable". Click it to display the Kernel Task Manager. Right click to display a shortcut menu with options to "Close all applications", "Reboot" and "Shutdown"

Please see my mockup:

mockup.png

How do you edit the taskmanager of Windows 98 SE? :(

How do you edit the taskmanager of Windows 98 SE? :(

I think they just picture it base on their imagination

lmao :lol:

i'm making a new session dialog, it's like Windows XP, i need help, what dll, with rundll32.exe, i call for show the "Shut Down Windows" Dialog ?

what dll, with rundll32.exe, i call for show the "Shut Down Windows" Dialog ?

I've already performed similar search and found no such function. But there are alternatives:

* rundll32.exe shell32.dll,SHExitWindowsEx n

where n is one, or a combination of, the following numbers:

* 0 - LOGOFF

* 1 - SHUTDOWN

* 2 - REBOOT

* 4 - FORCE

* 8 - POWEROFF

This shutdowns Windows without calling dialogs (you may write your own Shutdown dialog with these function, more info here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/234216

Or you may use VBScript to open Shutdown dialog (Windows Scripting Host required).

Dim objShell
set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
objShell.ShutdownWindows
set objShell = nothing

(create *.vbs file with this content and run it to show dialog)

what dll, with rundll32.exe, i call for show the "Shut Down Windows" Dialog ?

I've already performed similar search and found no such function. But there are alternatives:

* rundll32.exe shell32.dll,SHExitWindowsEx n

where n is one, or a combination of, the following numbers:

* 0 - LOGOFF

* 1 - SHUTDOWN

* 2 - REBOOT

* 4 - FORCE

* 8 - POWEROFF

This shutdowns Windows without calling dialogs (you may write your own Shutdown dialog with these function, more info here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/234216

Or you may use VBScript to open Shutdown dialog (Windows Scripting Host required).

Dim objShell
set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
objShell.ShutdownWindows
set objShell = nothing

(create *.vbs file with this content and run it to show dialog)

i'm making the Windows Logon of XP with VB6 but i need to create a binary file that load the password of the user, example, if, "test" is a good user, then no message error, but for the password, it load into a binary file, and i need that :whistle:

P.S: For load direct the winlogon.exe, i put on HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices

then it will load before the desktop

Edited by luluthefirst

• 2 weeks later...

Revolutions Pack 9 interferes with latest miranda 0.8.0, it makes some icons in miranda appear totally black. Tried messing with options on "misc" tab in RP config, but it didn't help. In the end removing RP from the system solved the issue.

So, until it's resolved im sticking with older version of miranda :lol:

Yeah, i know :blink: but i'm, totally addicted to RP, i can't stop now.

Tihy, can i ask for the code to display the system resources that are shown in KTM.

I am on a forum that is making an LCARS shell for Windows, The shell includes an 'Engineering' section that in xp/vista shows resource usage + cpu, however when I run it I get an exeption saying it needs NT. I said Id ask incase he couldnt find out how to do it for 9x.

Thanks,

Trev

P.S. You may get credited for it. :thumbup

P.S.S. While Im here, the all in one KTM may get too big for small resolutions. I like it the way it is design wise. Improve,ments are always welcome )

Edited by trevor89

Tihy, can i ask for the code to display the system resources that are shown in KTM.

I am on a forum that is making an LCARS shell for Windows, The shell includes an 'Engineering' section that in xp/vista shows resource usage + cpu, however when I run it I get an exeption saying it needs NT. I said Id ask incase he couldnt find out how to do it for 9x.

Thanks,

Trev

P.S. You may get credited for it. :thumbup

P.S.S. While Im here, the all in one KTM may get too big for small resolutions. I like it the way it is design wise. Improve,ments are always welcome )

maybe it's a function to import on kernel32.dll/user32.dll, your post must be in KernelEx 4.0 RC 2, The guy created KernelEx will maybe add this function that doesn't require Windows NT :whistle: