Revolutions Pack 9.7

I very much like the new configuration program... well done... I'm still playing with it, but I have found that it still has the problems with PSP 7 + .. when windows are minimized, they loose the skinning and are cut off, yet still occupy the proper space between... Here are 2 pictures to show you a little more of what I mean... But I can say that the scrolling problem mentioned before is definitely gone...

post-218789-1236991469_thumb.jpg

post-218789-1236991486_thumb.jpg

Windows 98 SE - RP9 & PaintShop Pro 7.02

98 SE SP 3.0 BETA 3

Video SiS630 64M

256M Ram

Hope that helps...

Greg

BrotherTank

Edited by BrotherTank

simplified Chinese version
Yeah, i tested and found those patch faults. I'll fix them, although more fixes are required for DBCS versions.

Thank you

All: a bug was discovered within GDI Salvation.

Noted. I have now disabled GDI salvation until you confirm it is okay

After disabling it, the "kernel32 patch failure" is reduced from 2 to 1. What is the remaining 1 patch for?

ive been playing with the icon patching and works well, though not quite sure about 16bit stuff maybe im just not looking at the right files.

also i cant see a way to patch stuff like mspaint.exe,wmplayer.exe,hypertrm.exe because they live in program files instead of %windir% or %windir%\system or is it a path thing?

also i cant see a way to patch stuff like mspaint.exe,wmplayer.exe,hypertrm.exe because they live in program files instead of %windir% or %windir%\system or is it a path thing?

It is because only the resources in browseui.dll, explorer.exe, shell32.dll, mydocs.dll and user.exe are patched by the program (not really patched, though, but probably redirected in the registry or something like that)

Version 9.0.2 released

http://tihiy.ahanix.org/RP9.exe

- Fixed GDI salvation bug causing extended pens to permanently leak;

- Fixed incorrect large icon applying;

- Improved core support for DBCS kernels.

2All who had shutdown issues: try to reinstall RP without 32-bit icons. I suspect dynamic 16-bit code generation has something to do with it.

And please pardon me: wait for feature guide a bit more.

It is because only the resources in <...> are patched by the program (not really patched, though, but probably redirected in the registry or something like that)
Don't speculate if you're not sure. It's only path limitation so far.

Edited by Tihiy

It is because only the resources in browseui.dll, explorer.exe, shell32.dll, mydocs.dll and user.exe are patched by the program (not really patched, though, but probably redirected in the registry or something like that)

no thats not what i meant, ive been happily patching stuff like telnet.exe, systray.exe, setupapi.dll and they work fine because they are in %windir% and %windir%\system. its stuff thats in program files that i couldnt patch

no thats not what i meant, ive been happily patching stuff like telnet.exe, systray.exe, setupapi.dll and they work fine because they are in

How did you do that?

the first version on my Chinese system has a little problem.the font size on the windows' title is very small(smaller than before setuping).i thinks the defult font size for english or other languages is okay,but not support Chinese well.so that makes look bad.is this problem still in the ver9.02 ?Hope This Solved.

thx all

2All who had shutdown issues: try to reinstall RP without 32-bit icons. I suspect dynamic 16-bit code generation has something to do with it.

Sorry, didn't work. Still bsod on shutdown. Re-installing without 32bits icons broke 32bits icon support on my system. After re-installing again with 32bits icons I had ugly black "shadows". I uninstalled RP9 and went back to default win98 looks. Tried to install RP9 again but still the same ugly black shadows. At this moment I decided that restoring a system backup would be a faster way to fix this than crushing my brain on it and try all the (futile) options that will result from that :)

the first version on my Chinese system has a little problem.the font size on the windows' title is very small(smaller than before setuping).i thinks the defult font size for english or other languages is okay,but not support Chinese well.so that makes look bad.is this problem still in the ver9.02 ?Hope This Solved.

thx all

I use Chinese Windows too. You need to change font size in appearance yourself, and save theme under same or different name