Revolutions Pack 9.7

How do I get the GDI+ to install RP 9.7?

Hi,

on this page: Revolutions Pack 9 Configuration you will find the old 'RP9 Updates' pack from Tihiy itself

including GDIPLUS.DLL v. 5.1.3102.1360 (xpsp2.040109-1800)

You have a newer version on MDGx site: GDIPLUS.DLL 5.1.3102.5581

http://www.mdgx.com/upd98me.php

and http://www.mdgx.com/add.htm#GDI

Last but not least: last version included in the PROBLEMCHYLD's Unofficial Win98SE SP 3.36

is GDIPLUS.DLL 5.2.6002.23386 Windows XP SP3.

But don't know if it will works with Win Me.

Download Page

After unpacking the U98SESP3.EXE file, you will find it in the 'SP3.CAB'

HTH

Charles.

• 2 weeks later...

Please try on Tmee's server here.

Yes, thanks for mirroring it, Tmee!  

And the first link in post #2 on this topic is a direct link that gets you latest v9.7.2.  Just downloaded it successfully (RP9.exe).  

- Doug B.

Edited by DougB

• 7 months later...

I don't know if this was ever discussed, but I chose not to install IE6 so it's at stock IE5. RP9 did warn me that IE6 was highly recommended but I didn't know why. So anyway, I installed it and it seems to work fine regardless except for one thing. I lost the ability to resize my quick launch toolbar. Even uninstalling or going into safe mode does not bring back that ability so now I have a few icons hidden permanently because it exceeded the space alotted for the quick launch bar and I cannot resize it to fix it. Does anyone know how to restore this ability?

And no, it doesn't change by rechecking and unchecking lock taskbar.

Edited by Tommy

The IE6 requirement is misleading - it's not IE as 'the browser' that is needed but a few (updated) system files that come with the IE package and cannot (usually) be found/installed otherwise.

I vaguely remembered this issue popped up in the past and stepping on my pride and using the search - Google is banned from my computers - I found one of my replies that seems to be related to the missing chevron issue as reported by jds back then: link

However there may still be something else to tweak/update to get it fixed. Unfortunately I don't know what that is. Installing IE6 (a bare minimum installation may be enough) could fix it.

• 2 years later...
On 3/20/2011 at 12:52 PM, Dandee said:

Can you show us a screen shot of your explorer?

Anyway, take a look at the following key, using regedit.exe:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\Desktop\NameSpace

There should be entries like "{450d8fba-ad25-11d0-98a8-0800361b1103}".

If they have "DefaultIcon" subkeys, these should be removed, because

they override the system defaults.

Delete the "DefaultIcon" subkeys only! Otherwise your Desktop will be empty.

The DefaultIcon subkey does not exist, and it also happens in pcem with windows98se.
Is there anything else that can provoke it? When I install U98SESP3.EXE works great (all the RP9 icons set is applied), but this pack is in English :(.

Regards!

MySpanishWindows.png

Edited by vicokoby
Screenshot added

• 11 months later...

I hope it's not too awkward for me to bump this.

I am having trouble with Windows ME. I installed the required updates + unofficial service pack updates but I am still getting a message that GDI and USER requires an update!

Never mind...It turned out the one provided on the site was outdated and using the 9.7 version fixed everything:thumbdown

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

• 3 months later...

what i like to do is install win98se apply full autopatcher 07 +  latest patch then i install windows millennium stepup to keep all the goodies plus have a larger 2gb memory available after system.ini tweak. I use an install script from archive.org to take out system file protection completely and replace it with system file checker from 98se.

I then apply rp.

What I would like is splash screens of a more modern boot logo but i don't know where to get one or design my own.

Preferably one with the latest windows logo or even a vista animated one would be a great statement.

Edited by ZaPbUzZ
spelling