KernelEx 4.5.2

The last but one version 4.3.1.0323 works stable for me. The main issue I have, is that the bookmarks in the navigation panel on the left are not readable. Instead of words I see squares or little boxes. This problem appears since version 3.1.4.1125 (november 2009).

Put Foxit in Win2K compatibility mode and you'll have readable bookmarks. ;)

The last but one version 4.3.1.0323 works stable for me. The main issue I have, is that the bookmarks in the navigation panel on the left are not readable. Instead of words I see squares or little boxes. This problem appears since version 3.1.4.1125 (november 2009).

Put Foxit in Win2K compatibility mode and you'll have readable bookmarks.   ;)

Thanks - The bookmarks are readable.

BTW, I have no problem to print with with Notepad or metapad, even in Win2k SP4 compatibility.

Firstly, does the 'notepad' compatibility-mode trick show what gets invoked (in 'wintop') when you print?

If so, try targeting that. If nothing is shown, then an alternative tool to 'wintop' may be required.

Since the problem you have is with "print preview", try the 'notepad' compatibility-mode trick using "print preview" (aka. "page setup") instead of "print".

Joe,

nothing appears in WinTop (or in Process Explorer) when I print with Notepad,

either in default compatitibility or in Win2k SP4 compatibility.

The only program that can be displayed is C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE,

which is disabled by default in KernelEx!

Joe,

nothing appears in WinTop (or in Process Explorer) when I print with Notepad,

either in default compatitibility or in Win2k SP4 compatibility.

The only program that can be displayed is C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE,

which is disabled by default in KernelEx!

Charles,

I'm not sure why you say only 'spool32.exe' can be displayed. Either it is or it isn't. As to whether this is what gets invoked on printing, that will depend on what printer driver is installed. In my case, 'cpc10q.exe' (Canon PageComposer Queue Manager) seems to be used instead of 'spool32.exe', due to the printer driver I'm using.

In any case, I've checked the "print preview" function and this works for me, regardless of whether or not I've disabled KernelEx compatibility mode for 'cpc10q.exe'. In other words, even when printing via KernelEx-enabled applications was broken, the "print preview" function would have worked (although I hadn't previously tried it, since it would have been pointless).

So my situation was completely opposite to yours. For you, the "print preview" function is broken, yet printing itself works. Is this also the case for non-KernelEx-enabled applications?

Joe.

New Mozilla Seamonkey 2.1 starts but freeze when loading a webpage (even on local disk) - kernelex 4.5.1, winxp-sp2 compat.

Older versions up to 2.0.14 works fine for me. Another user reported that ver 2.1beta1 worked for him. I hope that's only small issue that could be fixed.

Bug Report!: KernelEx 4.5.1 *CRASHES* Firefox 3.6.18

I just installed KernelEx-4.5.1 on my Windows 98SE (so late because I already expected something bad). And as soon I attempt now to load the German eBay login page, Firefox 3.6.18 disappears from the screen and a popup requester appears with the message that Firefox has crashed. When I click on the Firefox icon again, it doesn't start anymore but only the same requester pops up again every time (until I reboot Windows). Also WebWasher 3.4 can not be quitted anymore but locks up Windoze, showing a white(empty) log window of FineSSE. I already un- and re-installed KernelEx 4.5.1 (deleted old settings) and tried FineSSE 23 instead of 27a, but nothig helps. Please fix this.

Only re-installing KernelEx-4.5-Final brought my Firefox3 back to life.

- Is anybody already working on Firefox5 compatibility for Win98SE?

(Firefox4 is known to be too slow, but 5 may work well on old hardware since it was optimized also for low power mobile devices.)

• 4 weeks later...

Seem there's no way to install new Java 1.7.0!? The silent install fails and the msi file isn't unpacked to the Sun profiles folder. ... missing Export-Kernel32.dll:InterlockedPOPEntrySList.

I successfully have unpacked the msi file on Win XP. It is possible to run it on Win ME, but there are some errors: Java Setup Error 26011.Unpacking rt failed and others

Java 1.7 doesn't work.

New requirement: msvcr100.dll (Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Red)

My System: Win ME, KernelEX 4.5.1, MS VC++ 2005 and 2008 red

Edited by schwups

• 2 weeks later...

I've tested the PDF-XChange Viewer new version 2.5.197 (08.07.2011) successfully

Yes, I can confirm that too.

I just downloaded PDF-XChange Viewer 2.5.197 portable and it works (opens PDFs) in KEx 4.5.1 Default Compatibility mode. Have either of you tried printing a doc? I seem to remember that was an issue in previous versions of PDF and KEx, and I don't have a printer to test with.

I've tested the PDF-XChange Viewer new version 2.5.197 (08.07.2011) successfully

I just downloaded PDF-XChange Viewer 2.5.197 portable and it works (opens PDFs) in KEx 4.5.1 Default Compatibility mode. Have either of you tried printing a doc? I seem to remember that was an issue in previous versions of PDF and KEx, and I don't have a printer to test with.

I can't print. I' ve tested it on two machines.

I can't print. I' ve tested it on two machines.

Thanks for the info. :thumbup