KernelEx 4.5.2

CharlesF, Pari_IT, other ppl having printer problems, please give us your printer drivers. It's more like Epson related (CharlesF has Epson drivers too). We don't have Epson printers (nor problems with our printers) so if problem won't be seen in drivers statically, the only option left will be to test all revisions between RC4 and RC5. Thanks.

Hi Xeno86,

congratulations for your work, you must point out that

when you exit Google Earth 5.1 the following message

GoogleEarth has caused an invalid page fault in

module KERNEL32.DLL at 0187: bff80c19.

Registers:

EAX = 00000100 CS = 0187 EIP = 00010206 = bff80c19 EFLGS

EBX = 8236dd24 SS = 018f ESP = 02ea0000 EBP = 02ea0030

ECX = DS = 018f ESI = e980f200 000000FF FS = 4ec7

ES = 018f EDX = 8238db68 EDI = 00000000 GS = 0000

Bytes at CS: EIP:

6th 06 8b 45 0c 66 c1 e8 04 89 7d e4 40 0f b7 c0

Picture of the stack:

8236dd24 00000000 82377884 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 02ea0000 02ea0778 bffc05b4 bff795b0 02ea034c bff912ce bff70000 ffffffff 00000004

( see 556-560 Revolutions Pack 9.7.0)

I hope you can fix it in the new version of Kernelex

Greetings

Edited by paoloapaolo

Possible bug report,

I appear to be missing bookmarkbackup.interval on the about:config on Firefox 3.6.12.

Anyone with KernelEx installed that use this version of Firefox if they could confirm the same please.

Possible bug report,

I appear to be missing bookmarkbackup.interval on the about:config on Firefox 3.6.12.

Anyone with KernelEx installed that use this version of Firefox if they could confirm the same please.

My Firefox 3.6.12 lacks it too. (KernelEx 4.5 RC5)

Well, it must be a super-serious bug, my XP system lacks it too. :rolleyes:

Edit: Try installing Bookmark Backup and see if that's what you're looking for. Here's a link:

http://www.pikey.me.uk/mozilla/?addon=bb&page=16

Edited by Steven W

Possible bug report,

My Firefox 3.6.12 lacks it too. (KernelEx 4.5 RC5)

Well, it must be a super-serious bug, my XP system lacks it too. :rolleyes:

Edit: Try installing Bookmark Backup and see if that's what you're looking for. Here's a link:

http://www.pikey.me.uk/mozilla/?addon=bb&page=16

Yeah you are right, one must install that add on to get this added to the config.

Thanks again.

CharlesF, Pari_IT, other ppl having printer problems, please give us your printer drivers.

It's more like Epson related

Hi Tihiy,

thanks to take an interest to this problem. :)

I have uploaded 3 Drivers:

- EPSON Printer Stylus Photo 870 [version 5.0cF_9598Me]: I don't use anymore this printer (it is not even connected) but driver is still installed;

- EPSON Scanner Perfection 1200 USB [Twain winme version 5.5g];

- HP Printer Laser Jet 1020-1022-PCL5-win9x-fr

at that link: http://dl.free.fr/hwYGSpFsd

I am right now with KernelEx 4.5 RC4 installed, but if necessary I could reinstall RC5 and try to:

* uninstall of the EPSON Printer driver, to see if it helps,

* use the EPSON Scanner to know if KernelEx is freezing it also.

MagicJack

Plugged it in, Win98se loaded all drivers, device shows up in file explorer and two usb devices in Device Manager (USB Disk -TigerJet HardDisk G: and USB CD-ROM -TigerJet CDROMH:), got dial tone.

magicJackLoader.exe did not auto start (note: on XP it has a desktop link), so started it manually - got OS error. changed compatiblity to XP SP2 and then it started (at least dos tlist command showed it was loaded) but no proceed.

Manually started magicJack.exe in same mode...2 error boxes

C:\Windows\Application Data\mjusbsp\magicJack.exe

A device attached to the system is not functioning.

magicJack.exe file is linked to missing export avicap32.dll:capGetDriverDiscriptionW.

avicap32.dll version 4.03.1998

Windows98se, Kernelex 4.5 RC5

:hello:just for grins

Fantastic job!, no real problems to report. Even Epson Stylus CX5000 printer is working fine.

Hi Tihiy

After 1/2 ream of paper and an ink cartridge I am still struggling to define the cause of my problems

1. the result is constant......print box appears....you click print.....system locks

2. 3 fingered salute gives programme not responding...click end task and desk top comes back with no task bar.....but is dead.....power off is only way to recover

3. using all upgrades in this forum

4. printer CX3100 driver EPIJNL60.drv

5.no kernelex all ok but obviously no firefox 3.6.12

6. kernelex 4.5 rc4 firefox but no print straight to lockup after printbox

7. kernelex 4.5 rc5 firefox prints normaly ...close firefox.....print from elsewhere ok...restart firefox lockup..power off...restart...print from firefox lockup

8. firefox would not print directly to printer...needed to be spooled

9. problem seems to be in spool/firefox/epson areas

10. this is an improvement...earlier kernelex either printed nothing or black bands although no lockup

11. have tried all tricks in this forum

12. am I expecting to much? but browser that doesn't print is of limited use

HTH

MagicJack

Plugged it in, Win98se loaded all drivers, device shows up in file explorer and two usb devices in Device Manager (USB Disk -TigerJet HardDisk G: and USB CD-ROM -TigerJet CDROMH:), got dial tone.

magicJackLoader.exe did not auto start (note: on XP it has a desktop link), so started it manually - got OS error. changed compatiblity to XP SP2 and then it started (at least dos tlist command showed it was loaded) but no proceed.

Manually started magicJack.exe in same mode...2 error boxes

C:\Windows\Application Data\mjusbsp\magicJack.exe

A device attached to the system is not functioning.

magicJack.exe file is linked to missing export avicap32.dll:capGetDriverDiscriptionW.

avicap32.dll version 4.03.1998

Windows98se, Kernelex 4.5 RC5

:hello:just for grins

Fantastic job!, no real problems to report. Even Epson Stylus CX5000 printer is working fine.

I'm curious quist, In the Device Manager (Under Sound Devices), does USB Internet Phone show up as installed properly? If so, can you open a sound recording program, like Soundrec or Audacity and record your voice from the phone?

If you try this, you may have to select the device in the Volume Control.

Edited by Steven W