KernelEx 4.5.2

First of all congratulations to continuous improvement of KernelEx, 4.5 RC4 incredible job, :thumbup

Signals the possibility of using Google Heart 5.1.3506B.

It is used in ways and XP2 2000sp4, the program can not be installed directly but can be activated using \Google Earth\CLIENTS\googleearth.exe directly from the installation folder xp. attention so start directx

And 'sometimes unstable and there are no texts in the menu, but for the first time Windows 98 is under water..... :w00t:

Edited by paoloapaolo

First of all congratulations to continuous improvement of KernelEx, 4.5 RC4 incredible job, :thumbup

And 'sometimes unstable and there are no texts in the menu, but for the first time Windows 98 is under water..... :w00t:

Can you clarify what you mean by that regarding Windows 98?

I am not quite sure what he means by that but I take it that your question shows you're still afraid to install KernelEx.

Please tell us more on how to replicate this error. Also please try "Disable custom heap" compatibility mode.

i use the Mame Official Windows Binary Packages release from: http://mamedev.org/release.html

It also have link for source code, and link for a few roms test (just copy/move the downloaded rom in .zip form to roms directory).

To clarify per MSFN rule, respective Owner of that roms, gives their explicit permision for MameDev to host their roms images there.

i already try the "Disable Custom Heap" option as well any others in KernelEx compatibility settings tabs, none of it solve the Mame problem on RC1 / RC3 release, i got the same result.

To replicate the error simply try to run the MAMEPP.EXE

Should nothing goes wrong, Mame should give the list of random selection of available roms from roms directory.

However with RC1/RC3 i got ta Message saying "Out of Memory!", then exit the Mame.

great release but MAME isn't still working...as he said this is a popular Arcade emulator stopped working since RC1....

Big Thank You to xeno and tihiy for this fantastic tool, and the new version! :-)

I'm using it for quite awhile on Win98SE now and would really be lost without it!!

By the way just today someone mentioned again at another forum that he can't figure out how this program works, that he couldn't "find" it after installation, and he thought it would only help for firefox, since other stuff he tried to install refused with some "too old windows" warning. And I see another guy just on the previous page here had the same problem. Frankly that prop tab thing took me awhile too to understand in the beginning, it was just so very different from other programs!

Perhaps consider adding a screenshot to the project homepage...? The one on the first thread page here is rather outdated too. Perhaps an image with explanations on it, like what I posted in my other forum today for easier understanding:

http://user.xthost.info/siria/km/km_misc/KernelEx-options-col.png

(Pity that screenshots here are restricted to tiny 300x200 px, even if only 30kB. An image just tells more than 1000 words and sticks better in memory :whistle:)

Looks like he means that thanks to KernelEx he can finally get something called "Google Heart" running at least partly, although Google Heart isn't running stable yet and has no text on the menus, but he's delighted that he can already proceed so far to get some underwater scenery visible in that Google Heart thing even in win98...

That's the original quote, with the original context:

Signals the possibility of using Google Heart 5.1.3506B.

It is used in ways and XP2 2000sp4, the program can not be installed directly but can be activated using \Google Earth\CLIENTS\googleearth.exe directly from the installation folder xp. attention so start directx

Well possible that "Heart" was just a typo, perhaps he meant "Earth"...

Edited by siria

great release but MAME isn't still working...as he said this is a popular Arcade emulator stopped working since RC1....

Latest MAMEUI32 is also affected by the same error, but I bypass it by running the program from Dependency Walker.

I am not quite sure what he means by that but I take it that your question shows you're still afraid to install KernelEx.

I am not afraid to install it, I did have it installed at one time, but it caused a problem and I can't remember what that was, but I needed to remove it, I may install this new version at some point though.

I am not afraid to install it, I did have it installed at one time, but it caused a problem and I can't remember what that was, but I needed to remove it, I may install this new version at some point though.

It would nicely solve all the endless issues you report with the old versions of flash and shockwave you are forced to use without it I guess. B)

It would nicely solve all the endless issues you report with the old versions of flash and shockwave you are forced to use without it I guess. B)

Yeah I know, at least I know it's available when I really need it.

Latest MAMEUI32 is also affected by the same error, but I bypass it by running the program from Dependency Walker.

Great. I tried your suggestion, using Dependency Walker profiling, it works for me too! (both MameUI32 and MamePP) :thumbup

Now i can play that arcade emulator again with KernelEx RC4 installed.

How did Dependency Walker able to bypass that error?

Explanations for the previous post

With the latest versions of KenelEx you can start Google Earth, particularly the release 4.3.7204.0836 (beta) to an acceptable standard, while the release

Google Earth 5.1.3506B, sometimes it is unstable and problems with the lack of texts in the menus.

You can use Start \ Google Earth \ CLIENTS \ googleearth.exe directly from the folder where it was previously installed on XP.

So start directx

"\ Google \ Google Earth \ client \ googleearth.exe"-setDX

The version of Google Earth 5.1.3506B, is the first that can afford to go under the sea.

Greetings

Tried installing Arora (latest version everything) and it won't install in either default mode or XP mode (of KEx). I like webkit browsers so that's too bad. I got a parameter error during install and a missing .dll link upon startup. (Windows ME)

Tried installing Arora (latest version everything) and it won't install in either default mode or XP mode (of KEx). I like webkit browsers so that's too bad. I got a parameter error during install and a missing .dll link upon startup. (Windows ME)

You need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86) to make Arora work

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=32bc1bee-a3f9-4c13-9c99-220b62a191ee&displaylang=en

Both should be OK and theoretically SP1 should be better because of bugfixes and the like but sometimes newest files break stuff in some software that was written when the older ones were current but that's quite rare.