KernelEx 4.5.2

It makes me wonder if perhaps the Error 1723 during install is only on my system...

Has anyone else had this error trying to install Java Update 10 or higher?

Not at all, it's a missing dependancy in 'regutils.dll'. Mentioned it long ago actually in the old kernelex thread.

Missing dependancy in 'regutils.dll' during install for SunJava Run-Time v1.6.0 update 11 which causes the installer to end abruptly due to being 'unable to load a required dll':

QueryServiceStatusEx - Linked to Advapi32.dll

.. just a note.

What settings do you have in compatibility tab for JRE installer?

Bonjour,

SUMMA CUM LAUDE !! Dres (win.caus.) Xeno and Tihiy

You are making out of WIN 98 the best system in the world !

Roger

Installed Flashplayer 10 (very recent version 10.0.38 I believe) * : very very stable

Went to http://www.flashearth.com/ (Google Earth for WIN 98 ?) : very very very stable

Thinking about installing Java version 6. Just wondering now what is the advantage over 5 update 19 ?

*[For those who cannot install Flashplayer according to the instructions at the beginning of this thread = change compatibility tab (rightclick on downloaded Flasplayer, set compatibility tab to WIN 98 SE) + then Xeno's double registry batch file : Xeno's registry tweaks did not work for me because I have a different registry structure. So

I did the following:

(1) went to HKLM/Software/Windows/CurrentVersion

(2) exported and saved the whole registry file "Current Version"

(3) changed the following settings (root directory of "current version": double click on right column, entiteled: "Data"):

(a) "Version"=Windows 98" to "Windows NT"

(B) "VersionNumber"="4.10.2222 to "5.12"

(4) installed flashplayer + plugin (no problem)

(5) changed the two settings back

You can test here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html It says: Flashplayer 10 on WIN 98 SE !!! ]

Edited by RodgerOver

What settings do you have in compatibility tab for JRE installer?

None. If I set it to Windows 2000 SP4 or Windows XP SP2, I get the following error:

The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed.

This can occur if you are running Windows in safe

mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly

installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.

It makes me wonder if perhaps the Error 1723 during install is only on my system...

Has anyone else had this error trying to install Java Update 10 or higher?

Not at all, it's a missing dependancy in 'regutils.dll'. Mentioned it long ago actually in the old kernelex thread.

Missing dependancy in 'regutils.dll' during install for SunJava Run-Time v1.6.0 update 11 which causes the installer to end abruptly due to being 'unable to load a required dll':

QueryServiceStatusEx - Linked to Advapi32.dll

.. just a note.

A stub for QueryServiceStatusEx was added in KernelEx 4.0 RC1.

And it seems to be working well here as I never experienced the error reported by RetroOS.

Btw I don't need to uncheck the "use new plugin" in the Java control panel to have it to work properly in Opera at least.

I dunno about IE yet because my botched installs and messed-up java registry keys have not been fixed as far as the IE plugin goes. The update 14 installer run from the jdk installer also wrote all the nearly 300 CLSID keys the IE plugin uses to make them point at my manual update 15 installation. I did run a registry search and replace in the classes_root key to correct all those paths but this had the weird result that if I now go with IE on a page that contains an applet, then the only thing that does happen is that two instances of java.exe succesivelly execute from the update 14 directory and pop up briefly on screen, lol.

Interesting... I am pretty sure I had tested IE with both settings and that it behaved the same regardless. Unfortunately I can't test again as I got rid of all the Java for IE stuff in the meantime. I always do that within minutes after a jre update generally because the BHO ssvhelper.dll also hooks in explorer.exe and is reponsable on my system (and always has been as far as I can recall) for a lag of up to 1 second, parsing the registry for hundreds of its own keys, when opening a new folder, which is something I can't cope with.

KernelEx 4.0 RC2:

- OpenOffice 3: Ok!

- Firefox 3.5.1 (3.5.2): installation Ok, browsing Ok, PRINTING DOESN'T WORK at all (Print preview: "printer is not found", while printing I get clean paper without any letter or image);

-Firefox 2.0.0.20: Ok;

KernelEx 4.0 Final:

- Firefox 3.5.1 (3.5.2): CAN NOT EVEN INSTALL. Error message is: "...This version of Firefox requires Microsoft Windows 2000 or newer" (please see screenshot in the attachment)

- ZoneAlarm v6: DOES NOT start (no icon in the tray, no control...)

What could be the reasons and what can I try to do?

--

Thank you.

post-255170-1249401217_thumb.jpg

BEST BEST !!!

Than You

Cap Excelent by Personal Skin Win7 + RP9 + Kernel for

Firefox 3.5 in Win98SE!

2ir68lt.jpg

Two lines over about Firefox - problem with graphics card (nVidia?)... type? Driver version?

KernelEx 4.0 Final:

- Firefox 3.5.1 (3.5.2): CAN NOT EVEN INSTALL. Error message is: "...This version of Firefox requires Microsoft Windows 2000 or newer" (please see screenshot in the attachment)

- ZoneAlarm v6: DOES NOT start (no icon in the tray, no control...)

For firefox.exe, you may need to set setup.exe to 'winxp' compatibility mode. It's a secondary setup extracted from the main firefox installer. You can do so by adding this to your registry:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\KernelEx\AppSettings\Configs]

"*\\setup.exe"="WINXP"

.. and then try again. As for zonealarm, did it work prior to installing KernelEx? If so, you may want to disable the kernelex extentions for it in the compatibility tab.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=874240

Report: last flashplayer 10 - perfect on SeaMonkey 1.1.17 (hi, only ZIP, without install)

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; cs-CZ; rv:1.8.1.22) Gecko/20090605 SeaMonkey/1.1.17

About:plugins

NPSWF32.dll

Shockwave Flash 10.0 r22

application/x-shockwave-flash Adobe Flash movie swf yes

application/futuresplash FutureSplash movie spl yes

Edited by Philco

I've got the same problem as oc_dt and gg41.

Hello tErmY,

With the help of Xeno86 I managed to install KernelEx 4.0 Final.

I uninstalled KernelEx 4.0 RC2 then I replaced my kernel32.dll file from the original in C: \ windows \ system. I installed Final KernelEx 4.0 and everything works.

Hoping t'avoir helped.

Best regards

Edited by gg41

I've got the same problem as oc_dt and gg41.

Hello tErmY,

With the help of Xeno86 I managed to install KernelEx 4.0 Final.

I uninstalled KernelEx 4.0 RC2 then I replaced my kernel32.dll file from the original in C: \ windows \ system. I installed Final KernelEx 4.0 and everything works.

Hoping t'avoir helped.

Best regards

Nice to hear that yours is ready. My Final is still failing; perhaps, Xeno86 is still looking into my drwatson log. Is this procedure applicable to me? Also, I'm wondering that your kernel32.dll should have some previous patches, would these patches be uneffective when it is replaced by the original Windows CD?