KernelEx 4.5.2

It been 3 years since Kernelex has last been updated. Is it ever going to be updated again. I'm running Windows 98SE in VMware Workstation 10 and everytime I try to install any windows xp programs I get this error message "is linked to missing export ntdll.dl:NTOpenProcessToken"

Doesnt seem like it, but you should take a look at the KEXT mini updates though.

KEXT is made for MACs not windows

It been 3 years since Kernelex has last been updated. Is it ever going to be updated again. I'm running Windows 98SE in VMware Workstation 10 and everytime I try to install any windows xp programs I get this error message "is linked to missing export ntdll.dl:NTOpenProcessToken"

Doesnt seem like it, but you should take a look at the KEXT mini updates though.

LOL Not that KEXT, This KEXT - http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/157173-kext-diy-kernelex-extensions/. :)

Cheers and Regards

LOL Not that KEXT, This KEXT - http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/157173-kext-diy-kernelex-extensions/. :)

Cheers and Regards

Thanks but there to many tweaking required for that. That only seems to be good for experts. I wanted something that was like kernelex but updated to run latest programs. I just leave my windows 98 as is. Only using it in VMware just for interest

Guys, when I try to reach the KernelEx wiki "compatible applications" category I get the following error message:

http://kernelex.sourceforge.net/wiki/Category:Compatible_applications

Click on the link to see it. This has been a problem since I knew about KernelEx, which was last summer. I thought it was a temporary error, so I did nothing about it. But now that I still see the error, I was wondering if anyone here could fix it. Thanks.

Guys, when I try to reach the KernelEx wiki "compatible applications" category I get the following error message:

http://kernelex.sourceforge.net/wiki/Category:Compatible_applications

Click on the link to see it. This has been a problem since I knew about KernelEx, which was last summer. I thought it was a temporary error, so I did nothing about it. But now that I still see the error, I was wondering if anyone here could fix it. Thanks.

You got the link wrong. It http://kernelex.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/index.php?title=Category:Compatible_applications&redirect=no.

Also it 3 years old that list is. Mostly no applications work with it anymore

Edited by daveo76

• 1 month later...

Subject: KernelEx and Converter App

I wanted a simple pdf import and export app for 98SE. Free PDF to Word

Converter is perfect.

Functions:

Imports all or part of a pdf to MS Word

Edit pdf in Word

Export edited pdf

I don't need a pdf editor with hundreds of options. The installer for Free PDF

to Word Converter is less than 1 mb.

There are two installer packages but they are not the same:

http://www.freepdfsolutions.com/free-pdf-to-word-converter.html

http://download.cnet.com/Free-PDF-to-Word-Converter/3000-10743_4-75732609.html

The installer from the publisher (freepdfsolutions) does nothing when you

double click with your mouse. Changing KernelEx properties doesn't help.

The installer from CNET makes a lot of noise. It identified two missing DLLs:

GdiPlus.dll

api-ms-win-core-heap-l1-2-0.dll

After trying the DLLs in the installer directory, Windows System, and System32

I added copies to all three locations. No luck. I'm getting two message boxes

(files attached).

Tinkering with the KernelEx properties sheet is not helping.

I wish the installer was self-extracting. I would open the archive and add the DLLs.

(I tried opening the installer with Universal Extractor. Doesn't work.)

Should I quit this app or can KernelEx help?

If KernelEx cannot work its magic can you recommend another converter?

There are countless free pdf to word converters, but most of them cannot

import part (also called extraction) of a pdf or export the word document as

a new pdf. I've seen some open source editors that are very good, but I

don't need a high end professional editor with countless features.

post-46460-0-58708700-1405367367_thumb.j

post-46460-0-89217700-1405367387_thumb.j

Edited by HoppaLong

• 3 weeks later...

I tried the Free PDF to Word Doc Converter (http://www.hellopdf.com/index.php). KernelEX isn't required. I successfully converted the text of a pdf file to doc. But the images are missing. I don't have MS Word installed on this machine. I opened the doc file with OpenOffice. 

Key Features:
Convert PDF to Word and preserve the original layout of your PDF in an editable Word Document.
Extract text labels, graphics, shapes from PDF file into Word Doc file.
Convert all the pages, or partial pages of PDF file to Word file.
Support Adobe PDF 1.0 - 1.6 formats.
Can automatically open the output Doc file when the conversion is done.
Several PDF to Word conversion options are available for a better result.
Convert in a high speed.
Easy to use software.
Totally for Free! :)

> The installer for Free PDF to Word Converter is less than 1 mb.

555KB from either of your sources.

>There are two installer packages but they are not the same:

Yes, the installer packages are. The other Cnet package (683KB, bigger than the 555KB target!) is a downloader.

>http://www.freepdfsolutions.com/free-pdf-to-word-converter.html

>http://download.cnet.com/Free-PDF-to-Word-Converter/3000-10743_4-75732609.html

The Cnet page has two links: the first "Download Now Installer Enabled" is for the 683KB downloader; directly below it is the second "Direct Download Link" which is for the 555KB setup installer.

>The installer from the publisher (freepdfsolutions) does nothing when you double click with your mouse. Changing KernelEx properties doesn't help.

Confirmed. I'll investigate later on my Kexstubs machine.

The installer from CNET makes a lot of noise. It identified two missing DLLs:

GdiPlus.dll

api-ms-win-core-heap-l1-2-0.dll

After trying the DLLs in the installer directory, Windows System, and System32

I added copies to all three locations. No luck. I'm getting two message boxes

api-ms-win-core-heap-l1-2-0.dll is Windows 8 file. Perhaps Cnet detected your download machine as Win8 and fed you a file targeted for that OS....

Now that I've downloaded the files in question, I'll do some investigating.

Edited by jumper

Guys, the installer I got from one of the official links is exactly 1,128,916 bytes. I unpacked it with Inno Setup Unpacker Explorer v1.0 by Richard Santaella rather than running it as is - I usually do whatever I can to avoid running installers.

The unpacker provided me with 5 files in the {app} folder:

pdf2word.exe

pdfinfo.exe

options.ini

Emerald.ssk

help.url

Launching pdf2word.exe presented me instantly with the GUI, I selected a PDF document created by myself and converted it. However, when I tried to open the converted document, Office XP took quite a long time (around 30 seconds, roughly).

First unpleasant thing noticed was that the application only offered a choice of Times New Roman and Arial for default font but it didn't take into account the regional settings for the system/user, which in my case are Romanian, therefore the text in the .doc document showed up in English encoding instead of Central European which should have been the default (for both original PDF and System).

Other than that the text seems to be fine. There are no images in that PDF so I can't tell how it handles those. But at least we know the application itself works, at least on my 98SE machine. And KernelEx is installed but left in Default mode, no tampering with it.

I have never tried to launch the installer for this application.

EDIT: I'm talking about Free PDF to Word Doc Converter from hellopdf.com (schwups' link).

Edited by Drugwash

Guys, the installer I got from one of the official links is exactly 1,128,916 bytes. I unpacked it with Inno Setup Unpacker Explorer v1.0 by Richard Santaella rather than running it as is - I usually do whatever I can to avoid running installers.

The unpacker provided me with 5 files in the {app} folder:

pdf2word.exe

pdfinfo.exe

options.ini

Emerald.ssk

help.url

Launching pdf2word.exe presented me instantly with the GUI, I selected a PDF document created by myself and converted it. However, when I tried to open the converted document, Office XP took quite a long time (around 30 seconds, roughly).

First unpleasant thing noticed was that the application only offered a choice of Times New Roman and Arial for default font but it didn't take into account the regional settings for the system/user, which in my case are Romanian, therefore the text in the .doc document showed up in English encoding instead of Central European which should have been the default (for both original PDF and System).

Other than that the text seems to be fine. There are no images in that PDF so I can't tell how it handles those. But at least we know the application itself works, at least on my 98SE machine. And KernelEx is installed but left in Default mode, no tampering with it.

I have never tried to launch the installer for this application.

EDIT: I'm talking about Free PDF to Word Doc Converter from hellopdf.com (schwups' link).

The generated file is not a real doc. but a rtf. Office is always very bad to open a file that does not have the right extension. You can open the generated file only with metapad.

• 4 months later...