How to properly slip stream Windows Media Center 2005?

Nocturnal

I have the OEM disks of Windows Media Center 2005.

I have two disks, both CDs.

I want to slipstream SATA RAID drivers as well as SP3.

I tried doing it the normal way but upon adding the files I was told that it needs the source from the 2nd CD. I put the CD in and pointed it to the files.

I went along and burnt it and was able to install Windows but there are many things missing such as IE, all of the Media Center functions as well.

How do I properly slipstream Windows Media Center Edition 2005?

Nocturnal, we'll take a look, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Enjoy, John.

showerx, your Last Session is very simple and I see nothing out of order if you followed the basic rules I specified before. I know little about MCE (never used it), but I remember some discussions in the past about only certain versions of MCE could install SP3. I think you and Nocturnal also need to do some research to see if you should be applying SP3 to your MCE. Please let us know what you learn. Enjoy, John.

I did a little research, from what I can tell you cant slipstream spk3 into windows mce.

I got the slipstream in and windows up and it appears to be fine. When I click on the start button the IE icon at the top of the list is gone but I can get it back by editing the start button.

In all programs list - only a few things show up. Other than that it looks like it installed fine.

All I did was take a MCE 2005 disk 1, copied the folder from disk 2 over to the folder I copied disk 1 into. Used Nlite, ran the slipstream. Installed the updates ( except IE 7 - Media player 11 - dot net stuff - I only installed updates that were KB files. I unchecked DIRECT HOTFIX INTERGRATION. After that no problems.

BEST WAY TO GET THE UPDATES.. On a different PC I installed MCE 2005, I did no updates but I put in SPK3, I rebooted. I ran autopatcher, it get all the updates and puts them into a folder called critical and recommend. I installed SPK3 first, so autopatcher only gets the updates that are needed for after that service pack. I fed these updates into nlite and way we went. IE 7 and media player 11 are not in it yet.

I plan on taking my newly made MCE spk3 with updates cd, I may try later to slipstream IE 7 and media player 11 into it.

Hey guys, I did some research after this post as well as some experimenting and actually re-did the slipstream with just the SATA drivers and sure enough I was 1) able to include both disks onto one DVD and 2) install it without any problems. I did have to leave SP3 off. So apparently you cannot slipstream SP3 with MCE2005 OEM.