XP SYSPREP & Driver Signing

Hi all.

Just a quick question here before I tear my hair out.

I have recently gotton into SYSPREP and imaging with Clonezilla.

Everything is fantastic. I have an Image now that will install any hardware using BASHRATS Driver Packs, I use Mysysprep for HAL issues, I have set Default User accounts and everything.

My only final very last issue is Driver Signing.

The problem is that when Mini Setup runs and starts to install drivers that are not in windows it prompts to continue with unsigned drivers. I don't want the prompt but I still want it to install.

I have tried allot of differnet ways:

1. DrvierSigningPolicy=Ignore in the sysprep.inf

2. UpdateInstalledDrviers=Yes in the sysprep.inf

3. OemPnPDriversPath=Windows\Drivers in the sysprep.inf

4. Setting the driver signing to ignoe as default before syspreping (after sysprep it is reset to prompt.)

THey way I have intergrated the drivers thou is slightly different. I extracted al lthe bashrat drivers and using a VB script I got a list of the directory paths and place the drivers into a C:\Windows\Drivers directory. I then placed the path list into the registry so that windows ALWAYS looks there for drivers.

The only method I havn't tried so far is some are supposedly using an AutoIT script to auot click the continue. My only issue is that 1, if there are things built in then why don't they work and 2, how do I start the auoit script during mini setup.

In writing this thou if you look above the DrvierSigningPolicy is coppied from my sysprep.inf file.

I'll get back to you guys to let you know if its fixed now...... shame......

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm interesting... On my sysprep image the windows driver signing option is NOT set back to prompt and stays at ignore... Maybe you have a default profile issue or something.

I only use the reseal/mini setup options when running sysprep, I do not use the -pnp switch. (I actually run sysprep from the GUI).

My sysprep ini looks like this (this is SP3 version):

[unattended]

OemSkipEula=Yes

InstallFilesPath=C:\sysprep\i386

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

UpdateInstalledDrivers=Yes

KeepPageFile=0

UpdateServerProfileDirectory=1

NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

UpdateUPHAL="ACPIAPIC_UP,%windir%\inf\hal.inf"

I use the driver scanner from Vernalex.com to add all my driver paths to windows (http://www.vernalex.com/tools/spdrvscn/index.shtml). I like doing this over adding paths to sysprep.ini mainly because the drivers stay on the PC for techs to resolve issues and also I can include printer drivers etc that installs through automated pnp when the printer is attached. This has worked very nice for me.

If you are still having trouble with signed drivers, you can always hunt down the .cat files so the drivers are signed. But this is a pain and should not be needed.