XPize 5 support xp sp2 ?

Robinho

hi

i'am a big fan of xpize :thumbup

i wanna to inquiry about the next release

it's will be just support sp3 ???!!!

because there are a lot who still using sp2 and they can't switch to sp3 for many reasons :(

regards,,

Earlier posts say that v5 will not support sp2 (At least in the initial couple of releases.)

Supporting SP3 might be a pain since quite a lot of files are different between the two. Whilst the installer framework supports targeting different versions of files in the same installation the workload involved in getting it right might be bit too much.

But if enough people can't upgrade to SP3 I'll make an effort to support it. How many of you aren't using SP3 and why?

i still using sp2 coz i don't feel anything different with sp3

and the most reason that make me to stuck with sp2 is it's best environment for DVB players especially ALT-DVB with Skystar 2

Hello, I wanna ask will xpize 5 support Windows Server 2003 family as well? or will it be abled to install on a Server machine? :ph34r:

Edited by tkrojam

i still using sp2 coz i don't feel anything different with sp3

and the most reason that make me to stuck with sp2 is it's best environment for DVB players especially ALT-DVB with Skystar 2

SP3 is more of an update rollup, so most of the changes are under the hood. I've never had any problems with SP3 (beyond the new uxtheme). What SP3 problems are you having with your DVB software? (personally I use MCE to watch DVB rather than the software that came with my tuner)

Hello, I wanna ask will xpize 5 support Windows Server 2003 family as well? or will it be abled to install on a Server machine? :ph34r:

WS2003 is functionally identical to Windows XP x64 so yes, it will be supported

I'm not using sp3 as it lagged my system down real bad when I installed it. I got rid of it and everything went back to normal. It would be fantastic if xpize 5 could support sp2. But if its too much work on your side, then I'd say forget about sp2 support.